“taste treat” 4 of 5 stars

Cross street: S Sitgreaves Street
Easton, Pennsylvania
“taste treat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Had a wonderful dining experience. Prior to the entree we had a sample appetizer. Food very good. Service excellent checked in often. Our host chip could not have been more gracious. Would recommend and will be back.

• Visited May 2013

Easton, PA
“Hidden treasure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Ocean is truly a hidden treasure. From the moment you walk in the door, the ambiance sucks you in and places somewhere other than Easton. The service is great, the menu offers a great variety and the dishes were wonderful. Whether you order the calamari, or the crab cake, or just stop in for a glass of wine you'll enjoy the experience. I've found my new hot spot for the area and would recommend it to anyone and everyone.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Annandale, New Jersey, United States
“Excellent Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

First time there. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Food was absolutely delicious. Had the Scallops over Risotto. Best risotto I've had in years. Absolutely loved the food. Would definately go back.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

We've been here twice and it was great both times. The management and bar staff are very friendly. I had the calamari and the ahi tuna.

Allentown, Pennsylvania
“Ocean231 Seems Great, But Never Hits the Mark”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I'll start off by saying it may simply be my personal opinion, but I can't seem to put my finger on why I can't give this place a better than average rating. The atmosphere is great and should command a more sophisticated response, but it doesn't. The menu looks to please, but it doesn't. The same goes for the drinks too, just average.
I'm really not sure why Ocean can't get past the hump and move into the very good and outstanding ratings. Each time I visit, I'm hopeful, but always leave disappointed.

That being said, I recommend trying Ocean 231 and I hope it fits your liking. I certainly want it to hit mine!

One additional note, street parking is difficult, but there is a parking garage nearby. Take advantage of it versus fighting for a metered spot. It'll save some aggravation!

• Visited February 2013