“Stylish, cosmopolitan, a bit annoying” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
River Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 236 Restaurants in Easton
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Entertaining clients, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: S Sitgreaves Street
Description: Widely known for its bustling energy and cosmopolitan surroundings, our American style bistro is nestled in the heart of downtown Easton. River Grille is a lively choice with numerous dining options.
Easton PA
“Stylish, cosmopolitan, a bit annoying”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2008

This downtown Easton restaurant isn't half bad. It aspires towards something more sophisticated than it can perhaps achieve, but the dishes are well-executed and sometimes quite interesting. I had a delicious seared lamb dish; the salmon also is good. The interior is contemporary and slick, but they've got to something about the noise levels. Acoustically, the place is a disaster -- loud, clattery, jarring. Some acoustic ceiling panels?

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“best watermelon kamikaze...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2008

best watermelon kamikaze in the area. Food is always good here and nice ambiance

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“good eclectic food. Best...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2008

good eclectic food. Best martini in the area-- the pomegranate cosmo which is topped with champagne

Easton, PA
“Wonderful Experiences...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2008

I wanted to write about the wonderful experiences I (and groups with me) had there this weekend. First, a small group of us went to the River Grille for dinner. Our waitress was excellent and the food left us wanting more. We came back that Monday night with a group of 40-50 people. Even though I had only called that day at noon, they were ready and waiting to accomodate us. We had excellent food, and excellent service, not to mention a wonderful time. Every one in the group loved it. Thank you to all of the staff for creating a private party atmosphere for us on such short notice. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone!

bethlehem
“Huge disappointment, terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2008

This place is not worth the money and was a complete disappointment. The service at the bar was bad - the bartenders sloppily poured drinks and acted overwhelmed. The salads were gloppy and overdressed. The food came out way too fast which is an indication that it is just an assembly line in the kitchen - no thoughtful preparation went into it. My swordfish was completely overcooked and dried out. I think it sat under heat lamps. Even before I took a bite I could tell it was going to be bad. The three bites that I could handle confirmed this - it tasted like rubber and was inedible. No offer to take it off the bill, just a free dessert that I didn't really want. This is NOT quality food or service. An upscale atmosphere can't compensate for what this place is clearly lacking. The sad thing is, most people will think this place is great. I highly recommend not going to the River Grille.