“Brunch in France, PA” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Bradford, Pennsylvania
“Brunch in France, PA”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

We decided to head to Easton for a family day trip and found ourselves getting hungry. Knowing my wife loves French food, we gave Maxim's a shot. We arrived at 11 am on a Sunday and were seated immediately. I was very impressed by the service and atmosphere. It was brunch time, my wife ordered berry crepes, my daughter ordered french toast. my son ordered the scrambled eggs and bacon, and I ordered the a burger with egg and bacon on it. The burger was phenomenal as were the other dishes and the portions were a bit large. The wait staff checked on us several times during the meal. It was just a great lunch at a reasonable price. I would definitely visit again if in the area.

• Visited June 2013

Huntington, New York
“Noise Brings Rating Down from 5 to 4 Stars”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

This was of the best meals I have had in awhile. Delicious food and wonderful, friendly service. The mussels were excellent, the fish was perfectly cooked. The creme brûlée was to die for. The only negative was the noise level. We were a party of 4 and could not hear the person just across the table. They had live music, it was just too loud.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Not So Haute”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I know that I'm pretty much a lone voice amid a bunch of glowing reviews, but the truth is that while I had a nice time, I was largely unimpressed. Te problem is that I wanted to love this place. The decor and atmosphere are terrific. The French-themed restaurant is simply gorgeous.

But then there's the food. With NYC prices ($50 each without drinks). I was expecting unsurpassed quality and got ho-hum. The onion soup was sticky sweet and the charcuterie was an unholy mess, with the elements dumped on a bed of lettuce with a glob of way-too-sweet cranberry jam next to the pate. No spreads, no bread and no art. As an entree, the dayboat scallops held promise, but they arrive so woefully overlooked that I considered using them for ping pong. What made them worse was the accompaniment of a flavorless mess of white beans.

One bright spot came in the form of a roasted beet salad. It was scrumptious. But it was too much of a good thing. Instead of a salad course, the salad was just too big for one person. Dessert was also nice--a fine not-too-sweet carrot cake, more in keeping with a French approach to baking than the spicy carrot cake most would envision,

Service was a bit weird and for a fine dining place--and by that i mean way too noticeable. We were asked about how we were doing a least twice at each course. And then after correctly given a heads up on how long our French press coffee had to steep, the waitress came back and made sure we knew it was "good to plunge." Seriously? My measure of good service at a restaurant with $39 steaks is that the server should practically be a ghost. Especially on a quiet night out for two.

All this said, we will give Maxim's another try, but more likely for lunch. The brunch menu also looks promising. And the French pressed coffee was outstanding, so brunch and coffee may be the way to go.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Easton, Pennsylvania
“Maxim's 22 a keeper”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

This was my 4th visit . I usually do not write reviews but this place warrants one. This has become my favorite in the area. I have never been disappointed. Every visit I have tried a different dish, whether a special or menu item they have all been superb and the portions are larger than most ! The service is very attentive, ask for Minnie she is very knowledgable with any question about the menu. Overall a wonderful experience !

Easton, Pennsylvania, United States
“A wonderful evening out....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Easton has many wonderful restaurants, this is among the best. If you're looking for fine dining with friends. Maxim 22 will not be a disappointment. My wife and friends just returned having had a wonderful time. The food is nothing short of excellent, complimented only by great service, an exquisite selection of beer and expertly crafted drinks. You could not go wrong with this choice of fine dining. Please take your loved ones and friends for a fine night out at Maxim 22, there's something for everyone here :)