“Fantastic hotel, fantastic value, clean, quiet, GREAT!” 5 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Easton
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
“Fantastic hotel, fantastic value, clean, quiet, GREAT!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I picked this hotel for a family trip due to it's proximity to the Crayola Experience in Easton and also because it was so reasonably priced. The hotel is immaculate from the lobby to the rooms. The staff is friendly and offered my family free bottles of water upon check-in. They even have complimentary cookies, bananas, oranges, and apples available in the lobby (cookies and fruit during the day, and fruit only at night). Also, free coffee is available 24/7 in the breakfast area.

Breakfast itself was very enjoyable, especially with the cinnamon rolls Holiday Inn Express is famous for. They have a machine that serves up fresh silver dollar pancakes on a conveyor belt that is very nifty for the kids (and adults). Breakfast items are fresh and plentiful, and the dining area is clean.

The bed was extremely comfortable and the pillow selection was far above what most hotels offer. I usually take my own pillows to hotels, but didn't even need to use them here since the pillows were so high quality. Our room faced the interstate which the hotel is immediately next to, and I was slightly concerned that it would be loud but none of us heard any traffic noise at all during the night...very well built.

And until I became a dad I never got into a hotel pool, but since my daughter was born I've become a connoisseur of them. The hotel pool here is WONDERFUL. Goes from 3 feet to 5 feet, and is crystal clear. Beach balls are provided for the kids and towels are available pool-side. Honestly, this had to be the cleanest, clearest, most well-maintained hotel pool I've ever been in.

My family and I will definitely be staying here again the next time we visit the Crayola Experience or need a hotel in the area. Oh, and one last thing...the hotel offers discount Crayola Experience tickets at the front desk. It's $2.00 off per ticket but that's definitely better than the $1.00 off you get everywhere else!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

i travel all year long. This by far is my favorite hotel in ANY class. This is the cleanest & friendliest. Great location with 3 restaurants a short walk away, many more a short drive. Breakfast is standard but they are extremely clean & keep everything fresh. Greatest hotel.

• Stayed April 2013
Stamford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Great Hotel. Spent 3 nights on business there. You could not ask for a friendlier staff willing to assist in anything. The whole hotel is spotless everywhere. You can see that the staff takes pride in their hotel. The room was clean and perfect. Pool was clean and enjoyable at the end of the day. Morning Breakfast was fine.
If I am back in this area I am sure I will stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

No matter where you go in the hotel: room, dining, pool, it is immaculate. The extras in the lobby are greatly appreciated-fresh baked cookies, fruit, and newspapers. They also offer you bottles of water. I feel this hotel is an excellent value. Breakfast and the Internet are included in the price. I have stayed at high end hotels that don't offer the amenities this hotel does. We have been here twice and will return. We have also booked another Holiday Inn Express in Houston for a future trip because of our experience here.

Room Tip: Convenient to walk to restaurants if you don't want to drive once you are there.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

My family and I stayed here for one night and it has been the best hotel we had stayed in throughout our trip. The bed is comfortable and the room is big and clean. It was the best sleep I ever had during our 10 days road trip. The staffs are very polite and helpful. I will recommend this hotel to everyone!

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Rockville, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We were looking for a place for one night for 3 adults. The price was right.
The sleeper sofa is not the most comfortable, though my 20 year old said she was able to sleep. TV was nice with lots of channel choices.
Breakfast was fine. Premade omelet with american cheese, sausages, a machine that makes pancakes, some fruit. Overall, definitely acceptable. Location was good, easy to get on the highway with several restaurants very close by.
Fresh fruit was available on a table by the front desk. Water bottles were offered as we left as well.
I would consider staying there again.

Denville, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

My daughter wanted a "mini vacation" so I booked a room here because it had an indoor pool we could use. The room was very nice - TV was modern flat screen and plenty of channels to watch, the bathroom was very attractively laid out. We did have a handicapped accessible room so the bathroom may have been larger than others, and the tub was nice and high-walled. If I hadn't used the pool I likely would have taken a bath.

The pool requires a room key to enter, and we were there with only two other kids in it. The pool is smaller, 3-4.5' depths which is perfect to paddle around in and enjoy yourself. Water temperature seemed cooler, we stayed in for about an hour and a half before we decided we were getting cold and headed back up to the room.

The only downside was that the unit in the room didn't seem to cool the room very well, it may have needed maintenance. I was perspiring until about 1am when I finally felt cool enough. Also, the bed was more firm than I like, my back ached a bit in the morning :(

There was fresh fruit in the lobby when we checked in, and coffee available 24/7 in the lounge. The morning continental breakfast was great, plenty to choose from - some of the staples, but also eggs and sausage, hot cinnamon rolls and more exotic juices.

By far the reason to stay is the hospitality of the staff. Every staff member I encountered was very nice, happy to help and gracious. We arrived in the late morning for breakfast and a staff member made a point of stopping at each table to let everyone know that they would be closing up breakfast shortly so we should help ourselves to anything last minute. On checkout we were asked if we would like a couple bottles of cold water for our travels.

The price of the room is a LITTLE higher than I like to pay, but for the amenities as well as the courtesy of the staff, I thought it was worth it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Easton? Share your experiences!