We had stayed here before and had a decent experience but not so this time. Starting with calling the Holiday Inn Express toll free number to ask them for the direct dial for the Easton property and having the reservationist tell me to look it up on line. I told her I didn't have access to the web and asked if she could assist. She actually replied, "that's not my job" and hung up on me. I asked to use a smart phone of a stranger at the Newark airport and got the direct dial number. I called the hotel to say we would be arriving late due to a delayed flight but to please hold the particular room we had reserved which had a pullout sofa. I was told I had guaranteed my room and it would be all set. We arrived at the hotel at the time I estimated with the person I had contacted and we were issued a room for 3 with a king bed and no pullout sofa. I went back to the front desk and asked about the room I had reserved and inquired where my son was supposed to sleep in this room reserved for 3. The woman started saying I probably talked to the other person who was there earlier who she inferred is incompetent. She sent us to another room which had an odor like onion pizza. I went back and said it was not acceptable. She sent us to another room which had cobwebs, dust and grunge (by the way, none of these rooms had the pullout sofa we had reserved). We finally settled on a room with two double beds which didn't have an odor or cobwebs,. Through all the back and forth, the person at the front desk who was trying to be helpful was also frustrated because the relief person was late in arriving. I left explicit feedback regarding this visit at the survey request sent to me via email as a follow up to our stay. I left my contact information on the feedback and to date (5 months following our stay) I have heard nothing from the site management nor the corporate offices. Makes you wonder if they care. Based on this visit, the number one rating on Trip Advisor is not deserved.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express in Easton, Pennsylvania. This conveniently located and friendly hotel is located just off of Route 22, just minutes from many Lehigh Valley attractions, shopping, golf, skiing and more. Visiting the Crayola Factory? The Holiday Inn Express is located minutes from the Crayola Factory and also sells discount tickets to its registered guests. Visiting a customer or other local business? The Holiday Inn Express is located minutes from Easton Hospital, Maier's Bakery, Specialty Minerals, Martin Guitar Co., Victaulic, Follett Corp, and many other area businesses. The hotel offers business services such as fax and copy service, and free high speed internet! Visiting for leisure or other attractions? The Holiday Inn Express is also a short drive to The National Canal Museum, Cabela's (Outdoor Merchandise), Lafayette University, The State Theatre, Blue Mountain Ski Area, & the PA International Raceway. We look forward to your stay with us and would like to welcome you to Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in Easton, Pennsylvania. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Easton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Easton
- Holiday Inn Easton
- Easton Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Easton