“I love this place!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Boston, Massachusetts
“I love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

It was another enjoyable meal at Megs and Mads. This restaurant exudes a warm, friendly and genuine feel. The service is attentive and pleasant, the food is excellent quality and the atmosphere is relaxing. The BYOB policy is terrific as you are able to bring an affordable bottle to enjoy with your meal. Our experiences at Megs and Mads have all been good. The food is prepared beautifully with perfectly balanced flavors. Ingredients are fresh. They prepare veal like no other....consistently tender, crispy and flavorful. Can't wait to go back.

• Visited May 2013

Hilton Head, South Carolina
“don't miss it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

You can easily miss this wonderful restaurant located on a residential block, but don't.
First, we love BYOB.
The appetizers and salad were fresh and served hot.
Two specials the night we visited were fantastic. Steak was done exactly as I requested.
They can accomodate dietary restrictions as well.

• Visited May 2013
Coplay, Pennsylvania
“Still our favorite place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Have been to this restaurant multiple times and always love it. Chef Steve's food is always amazing and the staff is always so friendly and accommodating. We also love to bring our choice of wine for the BYO.

This particular review is for my wedding rehearsal dinner and thanks to the wonderful food and great staff the dinner was a HUGE success. The whole family and wedding party loved the food and atmosphere. Even my best man, who was giving my now wife and I a little bit of ribbing about how we were foodies and he was not and didn't understand how we could be so into fine food looked at me after the meal and asked if we could go back there the next time he and his wife come to visit us! So huge success overall.

• Visited April 2013
Shenandoah, Virginia
“Super food, Super Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Named for the owner's daughters, Megs and Mads is in a row house lit with white Christmas lights. I started with roasted beet and goat cheese appetizer topped with greens. It was a perfect mixture of texture and taste. I then had veal medallions milanese, not dry, crisply fried, sublime! The dressing on the greens was a tad salty, but still good. On the second visit, I had shepherd's pie made with lamb and topped with mashed potatoes. On a cold, windy night it was heavenly. It's a BYOW, our friendly staff was most gracious about opening our old (1980's/2000) wines. My husband loved the short ribs one night and had the veal on our second visit. Our guests enjoyed veal bolognese and salmon. Service was perfect: friendly without being intrusive.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Easton
“You will not be disappointed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

My wife and I love this quaint restaurant. The seaonal menu is diverse and unique. The presentation of the dishes is always so nice. Everything is fresh and tasty. The staff is always friendly and acccomodating. And of course, we love the fact that is is BYO The place is small so we like to go during the week when the crowds are down. If you want a great meal, give Megs and Mads a try.

• Visited March 2013