“Always a great place to eat” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #15 of 234 Restaurants in Easton
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Description: Great restaurant in a newly developed area. We asked how long the restauarant has been opened and it open last February.
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
“Always a great place to eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

One of my favorite diners in Lehigh Valley. Any meal here is always delicious. It's not like your generic diner, it's more cozy. The staff are always polite and accommodating. Usually it is busy on a Friday and Saturday evening, but the wait is worth it!
It is a little more cost wise than a diner, but the quality of food is never a disappointment! Diner 248 offers booth, table and bar seating.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
“Nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

We have eaten here a few times and are never impressed with the menu selections. When I eat at a diner I usually expect an entree and two or three sides..typical diner offerings, but they just give you one side..and a little overpriced too. Their saving grace is that the cake and pie offerings are oversized..more than enough for sharing!

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Greet Us By Name”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

What can i say bad about this place!?! Nothing that i can think of right now! I have a dinner group after church on sundays and this is a FAV spot Definetly on a sunday afternoon when the EAGLES are playing! Tv EVERYwhere make it easy to conversate eat and watch the game from any seat! The food is great! i have not ventured far from the wings (honey bbq) but i have tasted burgers salmon and much more from here and i can not say anything bad or blanned and the one time we did have a problem the manager took care of it promptley and with our satisfaction! No place is PERFECT!!! We are all human but to have GREAT service is a plus! I Love this place and recommend it all the time with not one complaint! WAY TO GO GUYS!!!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Easton, Pennsylvania
“Lost a regular customer”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

My family was visiting from out of town and since I often go to Diner 248, decided to take them there. There were 10 people. My son ordered an omelet and added mushrooms, bacon and extra cheese. We it arrived, it was bland. So he asked the waitress if he could order something else (mind you, as it turned out, something with a higher price). He also asked if his omelet would be taken off the ticket. She asked the manager. The manager came over and told him that because he had created the omelet, that he would have to pay for it. My son explained that it was bland, no seasoning or flavor. The manager then condescendingly reminded my son that he runs a successful establishment (a fact that had nothing to do with the bland and tasteless omelet), and that, unfortunately, he couldn’t take it off the tab. My son told the manager that firstly, he didn’t care about the “success” of the establishment. Also that we were spending almost $150 dollars and that taking the omelet off could have been simple. He reminded the manager that he was ordering something more expensive anyway. The manager did not relent. My son was disappointed, but said okay. It took my friend to pull the manager aside and talk with him privately to convince the manager to take the omelet off the tab. The manager came over and apologized for the “miscommunication.” He finally agreed to take it off the tab – something he should have done from the beginning. It was never about the money anyway. It was about customer service. It was about the way the manager “talked down” to my son. Mind you… we’re talking about 3 eggs, and few mushrooms, bacon and cheese! Really Mr. Manager? You’ve lost a loyal customer!

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Easton, Pennsylvania
“Consistently VERY tasty, breakfast, lunch or dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

We are regulars here. I am a food snob...when my wife suggested here for dinner, I accepted with
ill grace. Whoa, dude, my error ! Mom knows best. Had a tasty martini, and chicken croquettes,
first time in years. I am consistently most pleased with our continuing tasty meals here. As a diner,
I rate this place superior !

• Visited November 2013