“Good food, but” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Tatamy, Pennsylvania
“Good food, but”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

It's hard to get past the bad customer service. The hubs and I actually enjoyed the food, but it's not enough of a draw to come back and deal with the people, and the extremely loud atmosphere. It was our first time there, and we were really looking forward to it. We encountered slow service (the hubs was just about to get up and leave when the waitress came over!), extremely loud, and when we finally got our drinks, my husband asked - very innocently- if we could get some bread, we were met with attitude by the waitress.
I don't care how the food is, it's not worth it for me to come back. I won't pay for that attitude. I agree with Blunt T's review.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Lafayette, New Jersey
“I Feel Right at Home at de Lorenzo's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

This is by far one of the best Italian restaurants I have been to. The owners and staff are very pleasant and very accommodating. My husband myself and another couple were there recently on a Friday night. There was a party of 14 dinning that night. There were giving the waiter and the owner an extremely hard time due to the fact they wanted 14 separate checks. We all felt they were extremely disrespectful to the owner and staff and it was very unsettling. On the menu it states they do not give separate checks. They even offered to breakout the amounts. My husband and myself have been in the restaurant/food business for over 40 years. We would have not done it either. de Lorenzo's has excellent food, service and atmosphere and we look forward to going to their new place when it opens. That group belongs at a pizza parlor.

Easton, Pennsylvania
“Terrible customer service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

If you want good Italian food served with poor customer service, this is the place! Been there on a few occasions and gave them another chance because I didn't want to judge it based off of one experience, but when I heard the owner giving people attitude I have decided never to return again. There are many excellent Italian restaurants in the area where they are happy to have you there as a customer.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bethlehem, PA
“Excellent, intimate dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Ate here on New Year's Eve day - decorated so beautifully for Christmas - cozy dining room conducive to romantic conversation. This is on our "special occasion restaurant list". Food is excellent. Service is extremely attentive. Need to go back soon !

• Visited December 2013
bangor
“ernie and marlene are like being with family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

This is the best Italian restaurant !!! If you have not been you need to get over there and enjoy the people ,Marlene and Ernie (and their daughters, granddaughters, and grandsons) real Italian!!! It is like going in my grandma cellar to have real pasta!!! All the food is great..MANGI MANGI !!

• Visited April 2014