“Great place to stay in Easton, PA!” 4 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   140 North Hampton St, Easton, PA 18042   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Easton
Collingswood, New Jersey
“Great place to stay in Easton, PA!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I grew up not far from the Grand Eastonian. Many years ago, the "Hotel Easton", as it was formerly called, was the place to be. Then it fell on hard times and was eventually restored and re-opened. I recently was attending a wedding in the area and decided to book as the reviews were quite good. The place is lovely. There were some minor issues like internet disruption and not the clearest television signal. However, the front staff was very polite and the room was spotless. I would certainly recommend the Grand Eastonian to anyone who is needing a room in the area.

Room Tip: The Grand Eastonian is a combination of long-term condominums and hotel rooms. There are various siz...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Grand E, General Manager at Grand Eastonian Suites Hotel, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Jack, Thank you for the great review from your September visit. Many visitors have fond memories of our buildings rich history. The issues with the internet and TV signal have been corrected since your visit. When your travels bring you back to the area we hope to have you stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Clay, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

This place is beautiful and way better than the corporate chain type hotels. We stayed in the 3 bedroom suite that was out of a magazine. Huge, and modern, and super convenient location. The staff was very friendly and accommodating especially since we asked for extra dishes and dinnerware for our pasta dinner we made.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Rcmozo, Thank you for your review from your recent stayed with us. We are glad that you and your friends had a great time. We look forward to your next getaway stay with us.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

While the hotel is conveniently located right in the center of Easton, our room (705) had problems with the air conditioning. The only had a noisy portable unit that couldn't cool the room adequately and was very noisy at night. When we arrived I asked for another room but the front desk was unable to accommodate us. The lady at the front desk was not particularly friendly or helpful. Very transactional at check in and not helpful with the aircon issue. I also pointed it out at check out. The bed is also far too soft so that two people in a King Bed tend to roll to the middle. With the shortcomings of the room and bed, we felt the hotel was not good value for money.

Room Tip: Avoid room 705
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewer723, Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel from your last stay. I am sorry the room that you stayed in was not up to expectations. All of the hotel rooms and suites have central hvac systems. During the time of your stay portable a/c units were used on a temporary basis in a few rooms due to hvac units that were down during this sold out weekend. We share all guest comments with our staff and use this feedback to improve the guest experience.
Washington, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I stayed in a two bedroom suite. It was spacious, quiet and comfortable at an affordable price. This hotel had the best value out of all the hotels I looked at in the area. The location was great right in downtown Easton.
The kitchen was stocked with basic cookware and utensils and it had a full-sized refrigerator with an ice machine.
The only complaint I have is I wasn't able to shut off the air conditioning and the temperature was adjustable.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Grand E, General Manager at Grand Eastonian Suites Hotel, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Thank you for your review of your recent stay. We appreciate that you feel at home when you stayed in one if our 2 bedroom suites. The unsold condo units are rented as hotel rooms which feature traditional hotel rooms plus 1, 2 and 3 bedroom suites.

We look forward to your next stay with us when your travels bring you to Easton.
Brooklyn, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

An old hotel that has been renovated and updated - the Grand Eastonian is probably the nicest hotel in the immediate vicinity, and does have some nice architectural details, great bathrooms (marble, separate tub and shower) especially for a hotel of this level, as well as a pool. It is also nicely located in the center of Easton - near a few nice restaurants - if that is where your travels take you. Our room was rather tight, and the furniture in the room rather sparse, but it was clean and quiet - and I saw other, larger rooms, including some apartment-like suites on the upper floors. One big problem we had: you could not control your own a/c, it is controlled by the hotel. I imagine the same goes for heat in the winter. In any case, Easton is not a place I would travel to for no reason, but if you have to stay there, I think this is probably the best option.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Grand E, General Manager at Grand Eastonian Suites Hotel, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay with us, we greatly appreciate your feedback. Our building was converted into condominiums in 2006. The unsold condo units are rented as hotel rooms which feature traditional hotel rooms plus 1, 2 and 3 bedroom suites. The particular room during your stay was a traditional hotel room with the whirlpool bath.

In regards to the a/c controls, we are addressing this issue in these rooms which are currently centrally controlled. Over the next few months each of these rooms will have their own a/c system with individual controls.

When your travels bring you back to the Easton area, we hope that you will stay with us again.
Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Visited in August 2013. Let me start with the positive. The bathroom was very nice with a large shower and double sink. Now the bad. Internet access kept dropping. Our TV reception was terrible with the picture fuzzing like I needed rabbit years from the 70's to clear up. In the middle of the night my wife needed to use the bathroom and her night light did not work so the next best light switch was across the room down by the hall. After stumbling in the dark she made it to the bathroom. Of course the alarm from the previous guest went off at 5:00 in the morning. At 9:00 in the morning the maid knocks on our door to clean the room even though the check out is noon. This of course caused the dog in the room next to us to start barking waking my wife and I up. In this technology age is it too much to ask for the maid to check with the front desk to see if the guest had checked out and then clean the room? We then ventured down to the lobby for the continental breakfast. I understand what continental means but we have stayed at many hotels over the years and I have had better continental breakfasts at 70 dollar a night hotels that did not serve milk and juice cartons that were out of date.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Grand E, General Manager at Grand Eastonian Suites Hotel, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thank you for your review of your stay with us. I apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay. I will be sharing your comments with the staff so we can make improvements in these areas and the overall customer experience.
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

My family stayed here when we visited the Crayola Crayon Factory among other places. Our kids were 5 and 2 and I wanted a place that gave us some space so we could cook meals and feel more like a rented house. This hotel is more of a revamped condo style building with some permanent residents that own and then some that are used for people like me. The overall size of the unit we had was enormous for a family of 4. The decor was amazing and I was blown away with how nice the bathrooms were. My kids didn;t want to leave the shower stall areas which was very funny. We had multiple flat screen TV's, the beds were very comfortable, had great views of the small downtown area and it was very quiet.

we got breakfast in the little cafe on the main floor (can;t remember the name). The woman that worked/owned it was very nice and I had one of the best bacon egg and cheese bagels (cracked peppercorn bacon...yum). Their coffee was also some of the best I ever had and I bought a small package of coffee from them to take home.

If we ever make it back to this area, this will be my choice hotel. I won't even consider another one. Maybe a little pricey, but having all of the convienences of home while on vacation was great.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Grand E, General Manager at Grand Eastonian Suites Hotel, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you for your review while you and your family visited the newly renovated Crayola Experience. We are glad to have had you as our guest and we look forward to your next visit to the area.

Been to Grand Eastonian Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!