“Interesting "Spanish influenced" Restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #46 of 236 Restaurants in Easton
Cuisines: Mediterranean, European, Fusion
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dessert, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Northampton
Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania
“Interesting "Spanish influenced" Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We have eaten at Valenca several times and for the most part we have had very good meals. The first time we cam we expected a Spanish restaurant, but I would say it is Spanish influenced, with hints of Asia, Portugal, and modern American cuisine. The restaurant itself, is lovely, the space is beautiful and the service is excellent. I would recommend the Octopus salad, the Calamari, the bacon wrapped pork mignon and the grilled sirloin. The Picadinho was flavorful, but the beef was tough and there were too many potatoes compared to the pork, shrimp and beef. The portuguese sausage was dry and over cooked and the garlic shrimp were lacking the intense garlic hit I expect from gambas al ajillo when I order it from a good Spanish restaurant. Still in all, Valenca is worth a visit whether you are going to the State theater for a show after dinner or if you enjoy food with an ethnic twist.

Visited January 2013

Lehigh Valley, PA
“Pricey but first class place to dine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I had a super evening here. Everything was first class as far I was concerned. Friendly, very attentive, and the food was absolutely great. Not inexpensive by no means but a fine dining experience. I started with the Octopus Salad for and appetizer , well presented and very tender. For the main course I had the Lamb Shank and I would recommend that to anyone that enjoys lamb but bring your appetite, as this is one of the meatiest shanks I have had. Done perfectly so it cut with a fork. For dessert, my guest and I split a Flourless Chocolate Cake with Ice Cream. The waiter recommended it and he sure was right!!!
My guests meal was equally as good as mine so yes, I say go there if you want a fine dining experience. The place was sold out when we left so I suspect quite a few people find this place a good stop for dining.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Good vibe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Giant steps ahead of their sister restaurant in Allentown. Fun ambience, attentive service, and tasty food. My husband raved about his filet on stone. My only criticism was our salads could have had more dressing. We hope others give Valenca a try.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Easton PA
“Excellent choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Enjoyed an evening out with friends. We were lucky enough to be able to sit outside and enjoy the al fresco dining. Had steak on a stone, highly recommended.

Visited June 2012
Easton
“Perfect for Mid-Week Cocktails and Gnoshing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This was not our first time at Valenca; we have been there many times before. We have always enjoyed ourselves at Valenca and last evening was no exception.

Very cold night, our very warm bartender, chef and excellent food was just what we needed. It is restaurant week in Easton, so we chose that menu. Not one regret. The encrusted goat cheese, fig and arugula appetizer was delicious. Cream of Mushroom soup was just the right temperature and flavorful Coq au vin was perfectly prepared - NOT BORING.

As usual, solid drink selection- a good variety of affordable wines and good proportions on the mixed drinks. Tuesday nights feature a musical duo - not vocals - and the are DELIGHTFUL.

Keep in mind, on Wednesday nights (we traded this feature for the Tuesday musical feature) bottled wines are half priced. Wish I could go back tonight!

• Visited January 2013