“Closing on Feb 18th until May 2013” 2 of 5 stars

More attraction details
Attraction Details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Crayola Experience, located in the heart of downtown Easton, Pennsylvania, is the only place in the world where the magic of Crayola comes to life. Here, you’re always encouraged to let your creativity run free, to color outside the lines and to play, explore, and learn. This one-of-a-kind attraction is where color, chemistry, and technology magically combine to create a colorful adventure for a child’s imagination.
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
27 attraction reviews
“Closing on Feb 18th until May 2013”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

There was very little to do since they are preparing for a remodel in a week. Most of the building is closed off including the 3rd floor that used to have the canal exhibits. Very disappointing because I already thought it was a bit of a waste when the whole place was open.

Also, they give tokens as part of the admission. Now you only get 2 coins per person. I thought last time we got 3 or 4 per person. If you want to do a project with model magic it costs a token, so my kids had 1 token to get a box of 4 crayons or 1 marker. Very stingy.

I can understand why the employees aren't happy and just stand around staring into space. The one women I talked to said they would have to go on unemployment while the place was closed. They were supposed to find other jobs for them but they are closing next week and hadn't heard anything. Sad...

I hope they think through the renovation and it lives up to it's potential. There's so much you could do with a "Crayola Experience" besides just coloring. Please bring more historical exhibits as well as more about the process of making the products. Maybe you sould do something interactive with the factory like a virtual tour or a live camera showing the factory? Oh, and keep the canal exhibit!

Visited February 2013

Hoboken, New Jersey
“Just a big store to buy crayola stuff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

This is just a big holding area where kids color. Then they move to another room and color. Finally, the kids move to another room, and, you guessed it, color. No real activities, the people who work there just hand out the supplies. In less than an hour we were done and the kids were just running around the place. We could have done this at a McDonalds play room. I don't know how this place remains open.

Visited December 2012
Flemington, New Jersey
“For the Kid in all of us”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I have been to the Crayola Experience numerous times. We even took art classes there. Years ago I took my kids and now I am taking my granddaughter. This is a really fun and interactive place. The exhibits change periodically so the kids always find something new to do yet the favorites stay the same. There are different floors of exciting and creative stations. Everything is hands on. You will see how crayons and markers are made. You can draw on a car and a clear lucite wall. You can dance in front of a wall that will turn all your movements into a psychedelic panorama. You can make clay figures and drip hot crayon wax to make a one of a kind masterpiece. By the time you leave you will have a bag filled with art work and some free samples. The only negative I found is that there is no place to eat inside the building and the gift shop was under construction. This will not deter me from going agian. I visit there about once a year and my family loves it.

Visited December 2012
Highland, New York
8 attraction reviews
“Lots of fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

We have a 4 year old and a 2 1/2 year old. They loved this trip, there were lots of arts and crafts and taking home their art and markers that the museum gives you. Great trip and I did see some negative reviews mentioning the entrance fee, keep an eye out and you can find coupons for the entrance fee.

Visited July 2012
Blackstone, Massachusetts
5 attraction reviews
“Fun for all ages.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We brought our children here when they were 2 and 4 and again 10 years later. They had just as much fun as teenagers as they did when they were toddlers (possibly even more fun the 2nd time!!). So many different hands-on activities. Very affordable.

Visited July 2012