“nice day at the Crayola Factory” 4 of 5 stars

Activities: Arts and crafts
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Crayola Experience, located in the heart of downtown Easton, Pennsylvania, is the only place in the world where the magic of Crayola comes to life. Here, you’re always encouraged to let your creativity run free, to color outside the lines and to play, explore, and learn. This one-of-a-kind attraction is where color, chemistry, and technology magically combine to create a colorful adventure for a child’s imagination.
Brooklyn NY
“nice day at the Crayola Factory”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2008

I don’t understand all this bashing, me my wife and my 3 girls age 17 months, 5 and 8 were there yesterday, we traveled one and a half hours and it was well worth it we spent over three hours a the Crayola factory and it was nice quality time. Good place to spend with small kids (just try not to come on busy days its probably not as enjoyable), also $10.00 is not a lot of money these days everything is expensive, that’s life

Ottawa, ON
“A Winner with Little Ones in Tow”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2007

If you have children under 10 (especially 7 and under), then I would have to disagree with the other reviews. Yes, this is no "factory" - but my little ones (7, 3 and 1) really did enjoy the variety of art projects offered at the Crayola Museum. Yes, its $10 per person, but they give away about $3-$4 worth of products so the real cost is less. Yes, you can do the arts and crafts projects at home - but there was quite a variety of interesting projects on the day we arrived. There was also marker drawing on a large glass-like wall (my 3 year old loved it) as well as chalk drawing.

The presentation about crayons was also nice (we were the last ones of the day and we received extra attention).

There is a McDonalds in the lobby for a special rare treat.

Worth a special stop? I'd say no.

Worth a stop along the way? Most certainly yes for the little ones.

Maya_veroni
“waste of time and money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2007

We were there today , 08/26/07 with our 3.5 year old daughter. After almost 2 hour drive from Brooklyn , we did not expect this small building in the middle of a small town . But that was only first impression.
Inside there are all kinds of arts and crafts which could easily be done at home. My child was bored , she needed us , the adults , to show and do for her and motivate her. Besides coloring with her favorite color all over , she almost did nothing. Maybe we should have brought other friends with her but as it was , after one hour of walking around the place and doing nothing , we decided to leave, The girl did not even complain.
I don;t think we will ever go back there .

NJ
16 attraction reviews
“Too Much Money to watch my kid color.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2007

Stopped in on the Crayola factory on the way home from Scranton, PA. I knew going in that we weren't going to a "real" factory, but had high hopes nonetheless. I was very disappointed!

First, they charge adults & children $10 a piece to get in. Granted, this admission includes the Canal Museum. We decided to start at the Canal Museum (top floor) and save the Crayola for last.

The Canal Museum was OK. Not very crowded, lots of hands on exhibits, very kid friendly. My 5yr old had alot of fun taking his boat down a canal and through locks.

We went to the Crayola "factory" and found it was maily different stations for art projects. They did have about a 10 minute presentation on how crayons were made, which was cute. There was one display about the chronology of Crayola and the history of the crayon. Otherwise, you're paying 10 bucks to watch your kid color. I can do that at home for free. I just didn't get it.

If your child is REALLY into arts and crafts, this MIGHT be worth it, otherwise I wouldn't recommend it.

Sicklerville, New Jersey
21 attraction reviews
“Fun for Little Kids - NOT A REAL FACTORY”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2007

I went to the Crayola Factory with my Wife and almost 3 year old son. We went on Sunday July 8, 2007 at 11 am. My wife had prepurchased tickets online because we heard it gets really crowded at times. The place was not very crowded during our visit. I do think the ticket prices should be less expensive for adults since it is the kids who do all the activities. But most places for kids have this same issue.
The factory is really a place with different craft/activity stations. It is not the actual factory. All the supplies needed are provided. The various activities included, but was not limited to : Coloring stations, puppet making (brown paper bag), clay modeling, drawing with chalk, etc. There we a couple of activities that were more suited for kids that were older than my son. I agree with other reviewers that you could do all this stuff at home, but my son REALLY enjoyed this place. He also liked looking round the Crayola Store. Since it wasn't crowded, we didn't experience any problems with manners, shoving etc. But, I could see how it could get that way if it were really crowded. We spent about 2 hours there. I was disappointed with the Canal Museum, not much to do there for my son's age. Also, the woman at the entrance to the "canal model" had kind of an attitude about needing to make sure we washed all the Crayola stuff off our hands before we touched the water in the Canal model.