“Loved it!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Roasted Tomato Diner

Roasted Tomato Diner
320 Greentree Drive, EZ on/EZ off Route 80 Exit 308, East Stroudsburg, PA 18301 (Formerly J.R.'s Grill & Salad Bar)
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

The food was great! The service was great! The host or manager made us laugh and took our worries away! IT WAS GREAT!

Visited May 2013
James D, Manager at Roasted Tomato Diner, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thank You so much for your comments regarding your dining experience at JR's Grill & Salad Bar. We appreciate every bit of input and I will be sure to pass your comments along to our Diningroom and Kitchen staff! We look foward to exceeding your expectations in the future!
- James D.
Food and Beverage Manager

75% Recommend
New York, New York, United States
“Convenient and modestly priced”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Spinach ravioli was excellent. Service was good. Salad bar is adequate. Limited options for vegetarians.

Visited May 2013
Thank You for your valuable input on our menu and its choices. We have some menu items that will debut in our new restaurant, The Roasted Tomato Diner that I am sure you will enjoy also! Thank You once again!

James D.
Food & Beverage manager
“Watch me eat?!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

I came here with my family I heard it was a great place...ha! What a joke... Our waiter was a teenager that looked grumpy and had attitude every time he walked away I felt like a bother to him on top of all of this my teenage daughter was concerned when he was staring at her alot even when eating her meal . We felt so uncomfortable! Never returning the food was only ok there were mistakes that needed to be fixed and weren't just unbelievably awkward experience

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Our guests perception is always the most important perception and I personally would like to say, thank you for letting me know about your dining experience. Your comments only help us to improve the quality of service we provide to our guests and I am always willing to talk to you further about your experience. Feel free to contact me at 570-424-5451, it would be my pleasure.
Frankfort, Illinois
“JR’s is Grilled”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Since we have been staying in the area we, as usual, were looking for area restaurants that based on reviews had good possibilities for a dinner. JR’s Grill has received both positive and negative, as well as in-between, reviews. We decided to give it a try. We too had positive and negative experiences.
Upon arriving it seemed that it took quite a while for a staff member to see us and seat us. Our table turned out to be “wobbly” and before we could say anything a staff member invited us to move to another table. A very nice gesture. It was Wednesday night and apparently “Pasta Bar” night. There appeared to be a large number of local folks and/or many repeat diners. Several staff seemed intrigued that we were not interested in pasta.
Our server came to the table, welcomed us, and took our initial drink order in a pleasant and efficient manner. She was friendly and helpful. When she returned with our drinks she took our dinner order. It was a pork chop entrée for my spouse while I went for the New York Strip Steak. We chose not to take the salad bar.
After what again seemed like an inordinate amount of time our dinners arrived. I must say my steak was prepared exactly as I ordered it. The steak was tender and was served hot. I would have preferred a rub on the steak opposed to the A-1 sauce that was available; my personal preference obviously. My spouse indicated that she liked her pork chop which was topped with a Hollandaise Sauce. Sides were good as well.
For an individual staying in one of the hotels this might be a good place to have dinner; very convenient. However, I am not sure that I would travel a distance for this restaurant's dining experience.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
James D, Manager at Roasted Tomato Diner, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Thank you so much for your honest comments. I wish I could relay the value of your review personally because every review helps us take one more step towards exceeding another guests expectations. Please feel free to call me at 570 - 424 - 5451 so we may talk further about your JR's Grill and Salad Bar's experience. Once again, Thank You and I look foward to talking to you soon!
Naugatuck
“Kinda let down.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Went to J.R.'s for supper because it was next door to Super 8 where I was staying. Place was under renovation. I travel solo a lot. Waiter seated me in an area all alone. Just because I travel alone doesn't necessarily mean I want to eat alone.! I felt like a school kid being put in a corner!!
Staff was great & meal was great too, but I probably would have been better off eating in my room. At least there I could have watched TV instead of looking at blank walls!!

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
James D, Manager at Roasted Tomato Diner, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Thank you so much for your valuable input regarding our seating policy. Your input was so valuable that you have helped institute a new policy of awareness so we may better serve not just yourself in the future but all of our valued guests. Our staff and Management team greatly appreciated your wonderful comments on our service and your meal choice and now with your insight given we have institued the finishing touches of exceeding our guests expectations so they may enjoy a more entertaining experience when dining in smaller parties. Once again, Thank You and I look foward to seeing you in the future at JR's Grill & Salad bar!
- James Dionysius