“I didn't know it would be that good!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Roasted Tomato Diner

Roasted Tomato Diner
320 Greentree Drive, EZ on/EZ off Route 80 Exit 308, East Stroudsburg, PA 18301 (Formerly J.R.'s Grill & Salad Bar)
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night
“I didn't know it would be that good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I had to have some tests done at PMC and saw the restaurant close by atop the hill so I decided to try it out. I was greeted right away with a smile and humor from Jim the manager who escorted me to my table and introduced me to my waitress. She was delightful and the service and food was excellent. I ordered the small cut Prime Rib and enjoyed the salad bar too! It was a treat to be taken care of in the manor I was because I felt like I was part of the family. Thank you JR's! Ill be back!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Pocono Summit, Pennsylvania
“Best Prime Rib in Town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Stopped by for a quick bite but decided to order the Prime Rib. IT WAS FANTASTIC! It was the best i've had. I even topped it off with the soup and salad bar! From the server to the manager it was an enjoyable dinner with all the amenities at an economical price. LOVED IT!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Wendell, North Carolina
“Good Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Enjoy the generous portions and all you can eat salad bar, good value, friendly wait staff, convenient location.

Visited January 2013
va beach
“A surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Why would I think that a place attached to a Budget Inn would be good? It is. So is the Budget Inn for that matter. I arrived just before the buffet was set to close. The food was good and price was just right. Wonderful salad bar. NY Strip stak sliced to order.

Visited January 2013
“Jon Lovitz is the best server ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

Nice restaurant in the Budget Inn & Suites. Food is better than expected. Try the Reuben and the Wisconsin burger. The loaded potato skins are delicious - the BBQ pulled pork on top of the skins were a really nice touch. But the best part of the night is the manager who bears an uncanny resemblance to Jon Lovitz. You cannot miss him. He looks and sounds like Jon Lovitz. All I could think of was the scene in "A League of their Own" where Jon Lovitz's character says "You know the train rooms but not the station."

Anyway, stop at JR's if you're staying here. Definitely better than driving into town, so save the gas and walk on over.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere