“Yum!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Roasted Tomato Diner

Roasted Tomato Diner
320 Greentree Drive, EZ on/EZ off Route 80 Exit 308, East Stroudsburg, PA 18301 (Formerly J.R.'s Grill & Salad Bar)
Website
Dining options: Late Night
East Stroudsburg
“Yum!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Great breakfast buffet! We have also enjoyed the dinners at JR's Grill. It has the best salad bar in the Poconos by far!

Visited November 2012

Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
“Can you say Buffet?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Well, they have a Wed. and Thurs. night dinner buffet that is either pasta, with all the trimming, salad, dessert for under $15 and then they have started a Turkey dinner with all the traditional trimmings, salad, dessert AND a beef craving station also for under $15. Then don't forget they have a huge breakfast buffet on Sat./Sun. for under $10 that inc. eggs, biscuits and gravy, pancakes, french toast, home fries, BACON, sausage, toast, bagels, cereal, fruits, coffee, juice, fruit, milk, chocolate milk, everything you could imagine AND they have REAL butter! Good service, clean nice atmosphere and right off of Rt. 80. Don't forget to sign up for their frequent club too for even better deals and a dinner special for your Birthday as well!

Toms River, New Jersey
“Yummy food and an excellent staff.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

The food was very good with a nice selection. The salad bar well maintained and quite good. The service could not have been better! We will be sure to come back the next time we are in the area.

CSporer
“ICK. Do not eat here!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We were staying at the Budget Inn for a wedding. This restaurant is attached to the hotel and we received free vouchers for breakfast.

I am a very budget conscious person but the food was so bad that even though breakfast was free, I opted to go to Perkins on our way home.

The buffet had several options. My husband tried the eggs and found them to be inedible. I was going to get pancakes but they looked unappealing so I opted for the slightly more appealing looking french toast. The butter was one communal stick which grossed me out and the syrup was fake corn syrup. Not even Mrs. Butterworths.

I bit into the french toast and it was dry and disgusting. The bacon had a sticky quality to it. My husband could not even finish his eggs.

The only thing that was decent was the fruit which was from a can.

We tried to make the most of it and ate some cereal but it was stale.

I feel bad because the owner seemed like a really nice man but this might have been the worst meal I have ever had in my life.

New Hudson, Michigan
“good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

The waiter, Peter, was personable, and did a very good job. We stayed two nights and called down the second night, placed an order and they called the room when it was ready! Sweet!

Visited September 2012