“terrible horrible dirty unkept” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Foxwood Family Campground

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in East Stroudsburg
Foxwood Family Campground
You added Foxwood Family Campground to your Saves list
400 Mt. Nebo Rd, East Stroudsburg, PA 18301   |
Boyertown, Pennsylvania
“terrible horrible dirty unkept”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

bathrooms not fit for use by man or beast----smelled like sewer & mold laundry room had mold growing on walls----game room smelled of mold & most of games did not work--had a sign posted saying no refunds- rip off. went to campsite--it took my husband over one hour to level camper. grass had not been mowed for at least three weeks. pool was advertised as being heated. the only thing heating the pool was the sun. the pool was dirty and I would not have dared to go in the water. The area around the pool where you would sit had tables & chairs that should have been trashed years ago. Needless to say we did not stay at the pool.We would have left the campground & gone somewhere else, but it was a holiday weekend and we knew we couldn't get a site anywhere else--so we stayed--but please DO NOT make the same mistake we did---DO NOT even think about going to this campground--I think it's not healthy. SAVE your money--

Room Tip: Do not go to foxwood campground It is a dump
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
FoxwoodCampground, Owner at Foxwood Family Campground, responded to this review, June 10, 2011
Thank you for your review. In the last year we have done our best to fix Foxwood Campground up as much as possible. We built a brand new bath house, and renovated our main bath house. We have staff cleaning the facilities around the clock. Every now and then when we get a decent amount of rain, the campground, as well as the area, does get a "musty" sort of smell. At Foxwood we are always around to help. Some sites are bigger than others, some are more flat than others. If anyone has a problem, no matter what it is, please feel free to ask. We have materials on call for any situation. If a trailer needs help being leveled, we will help, that's our promise to the customers. If there is an issue, we are here to help. We do not advertise a heated pool on our website. At the pool we have regular patio furniture-plastic (or glass) tables, with plastic chairs. The games we have in our game room do not belong to the campground, they are an outside vendor that rents the room in which the games are located, but the games have been replaced since memorial day, and are up and running. We are trying our best to rebuild this campground from what it used to be and have come a very long way. Thank you for your review, and if anyone has any questions or concerns, please don't be afraid to ask us.

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Elmwood Park, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

My husband, myself and my 2 chilren ages 6 and 4 absolutely love this campground. We have been there the past two years, but this year we decided to rent a seasonal site and stay there the summer. My children have a blast playing with the other chilren, especially the owners daughter, they have become "little buddies"! It is a very relaxing and quiet campground. We look forward to every weekend now. Karoke nights are a blast, and the activites are great for the kiddies! I would defanatly recommend this campground to others!!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2011

llllOwner seems to want to turn this around. Definite customer service issues. Too many young kids that don't realize that the customer is the reason they are here. Upkeep needs to happen. Give familys a reason to be here..more activities for kids. Location is good. quiet. Lots of sites... hopefully it will improve....I'd love to return....

• Stayed May 2011
Thank you for your review. This season we have started to improve upon the customer services taken place at Foxwood Campground. We teach our staff to be courteous and try their best to please the customer in any way. We have also done a lot of renovations in the last two years which include two new parks, a new pavillion, a new bath house, and we also rennovated our main bath house. We have activities going on every weekend, running all day long such as coloring time, arts and crafts, hay rides, and karaoke. We are looking for new ideas and if anyone has any in mind we appreciate your thoughts. We hope to see you again at our establishment.
Douglassville, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2010

Someone in my family had gotten a new job, and we'd look for a place where my family (4 Kids), Another Family (3 kids) and yet another family (3 kids) to stay. Somehow we'd found Foxwood, checked out the pictures, and were pleased.

There were sharp turns and and windy roads...felt like we were going to get into a crash! Finally, we got there. We pulled in and had to wait because we had to stop in front of a pole. After at least 5 minutes, they finally answered and let us in!

Next, we pulled in and got set up. It was empty, and in the Full Hookup Section, which made me nervous.

After a 2 hour car ride, I was dying to go to the bathroom, so I ran up to the only one nearby. In order to get there, I had to pass through grass that looked like it hadn't been cut in years! I walked up a small wood bridge and it felt like it was about to break.

I walked in and there were only 2 bathrooms, across from each other. No signs for 'women' or 'men', so I peeked in each. No difference. I walked in and the toilet had like, stains on it. It was SO gross.

We went to the store for the kiddies, but no candy or anything. We peeked outside while in there at the 'mini golf course.' Overgrown! It was decently priced to golf but not worth it at all.

We went for a walk and there was alright scenery, but we were forced to walk on huge rocks!

I'm not a big fan of this place. There was deer poop ALL over the campsite!

The only good thing was the nice wood location, where we spotted 3 deer!

Otherwise, no, no, no!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Mastic, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2010

The so called "cabins" are nothing more than old dirty spider infested trailers !!! The picnic tables provided were 3 inches deep with mold and ends cracked off !!! This place should NOT be called a "family campground" - more like a haunted run down filthy trailer park that should be closed down forever !!! This is NOT A place for kids NO LESS HUMANS - It has not been taken care of in the least !!! go to KOA !! you will be thankful !

• Stayed August 2010
Fleetwood
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2009

Please do not go to this campground! It was a complete dump! The whole campground was not taken care of in any way. There were destroyed trailers with the windows knocked out everywhere. The basketball was a piece of plywood nailed to a pole, and the "baseball diamond" wasn't even there! All the photos on their website are completely misleading and sometimes not even of their camp! Please, do not waste a perfectly good weekend at this DUMP!

• Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
aHome
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2009

Before our first camping trip with my family, my brother and his kids, we all brought alot of food, atleast 300$ worth. Two and a half hours later, we arrive at the dangerous road that curves like crazy. We then find a sign saying "Foxwoods Family Campground", and pull in. As soon as we pulled in we noticed the place looking WAY different then from the site, very bad. We got into the check-on place and got our key, after a 100$ deposit . We drove up this rocky road with werid turns, and also had trouble finding our place for the night.

So we pull in and walk up the steps, which are crooked, to the "log cabin" which is really a 30 year old trailor. We open the door to walk into a complete disaster. The living room was VERY small and extremly dirty. There fridge froze all 300$ worth of food, the furniture was discusting, There "fire pit" is about the size of a rim on a tire, There benches are rotting away, and there was a bug in the fridge and squeshed on the wall. There bedroom that has the bunk-beds in it was like 2 feet in width. I can swear that place has not been clean in forever. We were going to go to a different place but we were with other family that doesent have the money to spend do we stayd. The next day my husband was going fast on there roads and the son of the manager came down to our trailer and told us to slow down. Of course, my husband got in his face and he was like "You wanna complain about MY speeding? well I have alot to complain to you." He took him inside the trailer and told him everything. Next day, we went down to the game room and NONE of the games worked. The laundry room had huge mosquitos in it and of course it was gross. The service was just horrable, and I think thats just about it.

Over all this place is a huge scam, on there site they make it seem perfect for a family vaca. when clearly, it isent. If anyone thinks otherwise, I'd LOVE to hear what you have to say. Have a good day.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Been to Foxwood Family Campground? Share your experiences!