“Don't stay in Fairway!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Shawnee Village Resort

You added Shawnee Village Resort to your Saves list
Shawnee Village Resort
2.5 of 5 Resort   |   5242-5255 Buttermilk Falls Rd, East Stroudsburg, PA 18301 (Formerly Fairfield Poconos at Shawnee Village)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Holiday Sale - 20% Off
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Don't stay in Fairway!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

I was assigned to Fairway at the Shawnee Wyndham and it was terrible!!! There were ants on the counters, stove, floor and in the refrigerator. The indoor pool was being renovated and is closed the whole month of June. The staff at Wyndham was very rude and did not give out information on where to swim, that we needed a paper guest pass to receive pool towels, that the indoor pool was closed, etc. NO free Internet!!!

Shawnee Inn & Golf Resort (NOT to be mixed up with Shawnee Wyndham)----
No staff member at the resort told us we were allowed to use the indoor pool at the Shawnee Inn and Gold Resort (very nice pool). We heard second hand that we were able too. We spent most of our days at the Shawnee Inn & Golf Resort. Will that works there does excellent guided tours (golf cart tour of island, hikes and campfires).

Overall, I would not recommend anyone to stay at Shawnee through Wyndham.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Eldersburg, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2011

This is my third trip to Fairway Village and nothing has changed. I've stayed 3 times since 2008; however, my husband has been coming each June for almost 10 years. His parents bought the timeshare in the 70's and I conclude the furniture must be original...vertical blinds, mauve lamps, tile counters. The atmosphere is wonderful, located on the serene, wooded banks of Delaware River and the design of the units is charming as well as the Village of Shawnee and The Shawnee Inn. You can walk to Shawnee General Store for breakfast as well as the inn. However, in this unit, the kitchen is lacking which is a drawback for avid foodies like my husband and I. The house also sports a musty, pervasive odor, the paint is peeling on the wood siding, the window have never been replaced and could use a good cleaning on the outside, and the shower has vinyl walls which I suspect was installed to cover over the 70's tile. We arrived this year and it didn't have a microwave and the box spring was broken on one of the beds. The service was excellent, though, as we had a new microwave and box spring the next day. The towels are nice and fluffy, you are given basic supplies for the kitchen and bath until you make it to the grocery store. We don't use the rec center so I can't comment on this area but check in was very pleasant even as we observed two individuals seeking assistance concerning their accommodations. Overall, I think Wyndamm should start improving this particular section or we might need to give it up. My husband refers it to as his fishing cabin so that may explain why we keep coming back!

Tulsa, Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2011

We had reservations thru Wyndham as VIP Gold Members for a 2 bedroom deluxe which is suppose to be a 1300 SF unit with a king bed in the master. We got a really dumpy smaller unit (1000? SF) with a queen bed, broken down furniture, dirty, etc. This was not even close to Wyndham standards. I spend hours on the phone complaining to corporate after the resort staff refused to do anything about the mistake or the conditions of the unit. On the second day of phone calls, we were changed to a much newer 1300 SF 2 bedroom unit with the king bed. I would rate it at a 4.5 out of 5 but the first unit barely gets a rating of 2. Obviously some units are nice and others are run down horribly. I would not risk booking this resort again.

Room Tip: If you get a substandard room, COMPLAIN REPETEDLY
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2011

I planned a family trip to the Poconos for the New Year's holiday weekend. I wanted my children to experience the snow on the mountains, but it didn't turn out that way. However, I was very surprised to find out the amazing things that you can do here without the skiing/snorkeling stuff. We were able to go horseback riding and enjoy the nature walks around.

The resort itself exceeded my expectations. I rented a two-bedroom, two bath at Crestview, which is of a decent size, but could get cramped up in the living room if the entire family of 8 (plus visiting guests) try to watch a movie at the same time. However, the open layout really helped out and works out well. The kitchen has all of the basic amenities that you need, although the dishwasher is a standard one. The one thing that was of concern was that the bulb went out in one of the light fixtures and it started to smell like smoke, so my husband immediately had that taken care of with the resort staff.

The screened balcony also is a nice bonus - wake up in the AM, have a cup of coffee/tea there and enjoy the views of the woods. At the resort, some of the amenities are closed for the winter, such as the pool and miniature golf, but Wyndham does have arranged activities at the resort, which is nice if you have children.

I can't recall about the Wi-Fi access exactly, but I do know that it is not free, and that I have to pay per night. Oh well.

I will definitely go back possibly at a summer venue to enjoy the other amenities. Thanks Wyndham!

Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Staten Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2011

After reading some reviews here, I had doubts about Shawnee Village. However, I stayed in DePuy Village, and it was surprisingly nice. The rooms were spotless, and the buildings were well kept. The furniture, while certainly outdated, was comfortable and clean. The beds were also comfortable, and the bathrooms were immaculate. A few upgrades would be nice, such as flat screen TVs, and some furniture on the wrap around porch. Having the wrap around porch as part of the sales pitch, and not even being able to sit on it is silly. The Mount Airy Casino is about 20 minutes away and is really nice.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
New York, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2011

We were concerned after reading all the bad reviews so we were expecting the worst. We stayed in a 2-br villa over the long weekend and were pleasantly surprised. True- the 70s style villa was outdated and in need of upgrading but everything was very clean and neat. The kitchen had everything you needed. We picked up some firewood at the nearby gas station for the fireplace. The layout is nice and cozy with an open kitchen and living room. Shawnee Ski was only a few minutes drive away. Check in and check out was a breeze. The kiddie pool was also a huge hit with the kids.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2011

We stayed at at Shawnee on the Delaware in a villa at DePuy. We booked through Wyndam Vactions and it was the worst place I have ever stayed!! The unit was out dated, beds very uncomfortable, sofa beds need new matresses, living room furniture was torn and very uncomfortable. We will never return the this resort again a hotel stay would have been much mor accomidating!!!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family

Been to Shawnee Village Resort? Share your experiences!