“A nice family campground.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Timothy Lake South RV

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in East Stroudsburg
Timothy Lake South RV
You added Timothy Lake South RV to your Saves list
Timothy Lake Road, RR6, East Stroudsburg, PA 18302   |
“A nice family campground.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

We stayed a week at the North campground. Although the site was nice and roomy and had great hookup accommodations. The indoor pool and outdoor pool was nice, clean and well kept. The staff was very nice and helpful. But the groups that came in for Friday night were seem to be permitted to blast music heard throughout the campgrounds for hours making seem like we were in a nightclub. The "fishing" pond was less then advertised and not well kept or stocked.

• Stayed June 2012

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

We are avid campers and have a membership with 1000 trails camping for the past 3 years. This weekend’s trip has us reconsidering our membership. We decided to take our boys to Timothy Lake to scout out some potential good campsites and to also enjoy the indoor water park at Timothy Lake North on a blustery last weekend of September. The front desk employees were very accommodating and helpful. The same could be said about the park Security/Ranger. However our experience quickly deteriorated when we set foot in the water park. We got our wristbans and a life preserver for our youngest son. He is 7 but is not a strong swimmer due to his disability. Our youngest son lives for waterparks. In fact we decided to take him to Timothy Lake as a reward for doing so well in school the week prior. He was grinning from ear to ear when he got to step inside the park and saw the two big water slides. Actually it would be one waterslide because the other one was out of service. Our sons climbed to the top of the stairs so they could go down the slide. The attendant at the top of the slide informed us that our son could not go down with his life preserver. She clearly saw him struggle to climb the stairs and waited until he was at the very top to inform us of this regulation. My wife climbed up the stairs and asked if it would be ok to go down with him. The attendant was rude and said “Absolutely not.” My wife then had the task of trying to get our son to walk down the stairs and find another attraction he could enjoy. Next we were told he could not go in the Lillypad Pool with the life preserver. That left only the dirty pirate ship attraction and the lazy river. The Pirate Ship has a couple of slides and a few sprinklers that actually worked. Our son took a couple of steps and proceeded to wipe out. I went in to see if he was ok, and I slipped as well. The floor of this attraction was extremely slimy. As I played with my son in the pirate ship area I kept feeling drops of water drip on my head. I looked to see what was spraying at me when I noted the HVAC lines above us were corroded and were discharging right into the water surrounding the pirate ship. After a few minutes we decided to try the lazy river. We were having fun until a lifeguard informed us that our son could not be in the lazy river because his swimshirt was a dark color. I chose to ignore his gentlemen, then he told me I had to go see the manager. My wife decided to let the management know how displeased we were with our short and problem filled stay. They were oblivious to our concerns and informed us that we should speak to their management. I decided to do that and also post our review here. Let me also say that I would not recommend using the facilities without having a pair of sandals on. The floor in the mens room was about as slippery as the floor near the pirate ship. We have been to numerous waterparks in the Pocono’s …Great Wolf, Splitrock, Camel Beach. We have never encountered the problems that we encountered at Timothy Lake. We obviously will not be patronizing this establishment again. My advice to the water park staff – You need some sensitivity training when dealing with a child with special needs. You may also want to train someone how to properly use a mop…..All I can say is PATHETIC.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Newburgh, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

We are members of outdoor world and this was our first trip to Timothy Lake North. Check in was very accommodating ~ we asked to be near my father in law which was in an RV so they allowed us to set up our tents on a site near him with water and electric. We had a nice flat corner site. The general store closes way to early. The water park was great for the kids and us adults enjoyed it also. the pool was quite but water was very cold. the DJ party was very fun for everyone. Kids center is perfect for the children to have a break from the sun and enjoy coloring and activities. Everyone at the campground was extremely friendly. We received delicious food from both our neighboring sites. We made sure we shared some of our desserts and festive dishes with them also. just made us feel so welcomed! We had three tents on our site and one that just covers the sun, we were told we could only have three structures on our site and they asked us to remove one, we just dropped the smaller tent during the day and that was ok with them. We took a tour to see the cabins for sale. I might have been interested until I realized I can own my own motor home and travel to any campground at my own leisure. overall we had a great weekend with our family. We did do some fishing down at the lake, be aware that there are no rentals down by the lake. its just fishing from the one peir they have, unless of course you bring your own boat or canoe. this area could def use some improvement. the bathrooms NEED some help. a good cleaning might do the trick. a little updating would be perfect. Keeping them stocked with toilet paper is a BIG MUST Do. Several times I went to restroom and I was luck to have brought my own belongings for the kids to use because the toilet paper holders in every bathroom were empty. The kids enjoyed the adorable rabbits that came daily to visit. the mini golf was closed, hoping they open it up for next season, Cause we will def be returning!!

Room Tip: since I stayed in a tent I have no advice for rooms, but I will return and be staying in section K o...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Ashley, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

Ok, so we decided on timothy lake north. The kids loved the waterpark. Although, not much for parents. One of the water slides was out of commission and they only had the waterfalls for the lazy river on once. When we asked them to turn them on, they flat out refused. The floors inside were constantly dirty and extremely slippery. I must've seen several ppl fall within just a few hours. If I weren't holding my nieces hand she would've probably cracked her head when she fell. The golf course was closed. And the activity center is open only on the weekends. The general store is limited and closes very early. I saw no hiking trails. The lake was unsightly. The pools were very much filled with an immense amount of dead bugs. But, it wasn't all bad. The staff was very nice and helpful. And the lifeguards were attentive. The campsite was quiet and relaxing with beautiful bunnies about. And neighbors very kind. So choose wisely.

• Stayed August 2012
Bath, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

We love this campground, we have going for the last 5 years for Labor Day weekend. The pool is nice and clean, they have chairs to sun yourself. We like the site, they are large and pretty well spaced apart... we are returning this year, can't wait.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

We stayed there over the July 4th weekend, and was impressed with the park. There were a lot of sites that are large enough for the largest rigs, and many of them are nice sites. Some are wooded, some are not. Roads are paved and easily passable, and the sites are clean and mostly level. I would definitely return, well as recommend the park to others.

Room Tip: Plenty of excellent sites... you should have no problem getting one.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Timothy Lake South RV? Share your experiences!