“Great Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mountain Vista Campground

Mountain Vista Campground
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in East Stroudsburg
Mountain Vista Campground
415 Taylor Dr, East Stroudsburg, PA 18301   |
Pottstown, PA
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

This was our first time at mountain vista campground, but it won't be our last. The campground was clean and very nice. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. We didn't use the pool, but it looked clean and people were having a good time. Lots of activities for all ages. Site was nice and level and spacious. Bring cash to pay money owed for your reservation. We had a great experience for our first time mountain camping. Would highly recommend this campground.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

27 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Oxford, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We found this campground on a national list of "Top 100 Campgrounds" we have a 36' Class A Motor home and tow a jeep. We made the reservations in the winter and mailed in our deposit because they do not accept cards. This is surprising considering the campground is quite large. We had a level, pull through gravel site with just enough room to park our jeep. The camp sites are close, but wooded so you don't feel like your neighbor is right on top of you. We brought our 5 and 3 year old daughters, and they loved it. Because of the gravel roads, the girls could not ride their bikes around the campground, however I saw older children riding bikes with no problems. The kids enjoyed "mining" for gems, the playgrounds and fishing in the pond. I even caught a large mouth bass! We did not swim but the pool looked great, we watched others play tennis and basketball. Saturday night they had a band under the pavilion and we really enjoyed sitting by the fire listening to the music. My only suggestion would be to upgrade the shower/bathroom areas. Everything works, it's just that they just feel musty, old and outdated.

Room Tip: All the sites looked great.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Souderton, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

My husband and I have have stayed here several times at Mountain Vista Campground and will definately keep this on our short trip list. The staff are super friendly and the campground is well maintained. Although we didn't use the pool or tennis courts, they looked clean and inviting.

The campground was semi-booked/full when we stayed in July 2013 but you wouldn't hae none it from the peacefullness of the campground. It was great to see the staff periodically drive through the campground checking on things and making their presense known.

The bathrooms building was clean and well maintained. The only issue I have with the showers is that you have to manually hold the handle to take a shower which makes it a bit challenging to shower onehanded. The outside seating area was inviting with the benches, seats and loungers.

Overall a great place to stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

My husband, daughter + I stayed here for two nights on our way back from MD. I found it strange that upon making the reservation, I was told that they did not accept credit or debit cards and to bring cash or check. I had to detour to an ATM prior to our arrival. Staff seemed competent but not overly friendly or warm. We were directed (in our 40' Class A) through winding gravel roads (this place is BIG on GRAVEL) then into a rather narrow site with a downward pitch that was beyond the ability of our leveling system. Once we were positioned, there was virtually no room to either side. The entire campground is VERY wooded which was nice during the heat of the day + very quiet at night. We didn't use the pool, tennis court or other amenities but they seemed clean + well maintained but were VERY FAR from our (and most) sites. The store was well stocked but the woman behind the counter actually made me wait until she finished eating before ringing me up. We were able to get a cab to bring us to nearby ADVENTURE SPORTS (highly recommended!) where their amazing staff brought us to a beautiful day kayaking down the Delaware River. Overall Mountain Vista is a clean, pet friendly place but I'm not sure I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

This is a good private campground in the Pocono area. The sites are typically well spaced and wooded. Camp store is stocked. Plenty of activities planned. As a note. BRING CASH As they do not take credit cards.

• Stayed July 2013
Horsham, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Was a little weary about staying because we were not able to get an idea, via map, of the layout of the campground. We were pleasantly surprised.... the sites are a nice size, plently of activities, clean pool and restroom. The restroom is situated closer to tent sites and has a lit trail that run along the back of these sites for evening runs. Although it was up a bit of a hill, not a big deal. Staff was really friendly. they are also extremely pet friendly. Would definately visit again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Very family oriented. I have read reviews that said the campground is too strict. They have their rules and they stand by them. Which I appreciate. That's what makes it a good place for kids. Staff is excellent. All are very knowledgable and very eager to give assistance when needed. I found the rates comparable or better than other places I've stayed. So if you're looking for a nice , respectful place to stay with your family you can't go wrong here. If you're looking for a party campground this isn't the place. They will ask you to leave. I gave the rooms ( Cabins) a good review only because I saw them but did not stay in them.

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Mountain Vista Campground? Share your experiences!