“Can't get enough of this place!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Peruvian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
WEST GROVE
“Can't get enough of this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I don't think that I could say enough good about this wonderful bit of heaven at the bottom of a hill. I had read reviews of this hidden gem and it was one half mile away from where we were staying for the week.

Our biggest concern was finding something on the menu for our granddaughter who is a very picky eater. No problem. The first night she got the Tallarines con pollo. It was pasta with a tomato and carrot sauce and chicken. Incredibly fresh tasting and my husband said that it might have just been the best tomato sauce he had ever eaten. She ate most of it and had the rest for lunch the next day. Unheard of! If a restaurant can please this finicky 9 year old they have a lock on her taste buds. Our second evening there she ordered the 6 oz beef tenderloin (Seco de carne con frejoles). They eliminated the pepper sauce for her and even had ketchup for emergencies like this. She ate the beans and rice with no problem.

The rest of us wished we had two stomachs to try all the wonderful food. My husband and I had the Ceviche mixto on our first visit. You would not have believed the amount they served us and the wonderful taste of cilantro among the seafood. This appetizer was $12 and could have easily been $60 in an NYC eatery. Our daughter had the Peruvian tamal both nights as we did the ceviche. She chose chicken the first night and the pork the second night. She was pleasantly surprised.

The first evening my daughter and I had the lamb special. It was tender and tasty and very generous. The leftovers went home with us. My husband chose the Lomo saltado. The beef was tender and fresh tomatoes, onions and chili peppers in the wine & soy sauce was perfect.

The second night I decided on the Salmon& shrimps "a lo macho". I am not the biggest fan of salmon, but I figured since everything else was so good that this would be top notch. It was and I can still remember the creamy sauce. My husband enjoyed the Churrasco encebollado and daughter the Cerdo al horno. Do not miss the chance to try the yucca with these dishes. It is yummy. You HAVE to try the Torta de tres leches if you decide to have dessert.

No entre was over $22 and many are $13. All are generous. Remember that Latin American food can be spicy. You can request that they tone it down. We like the spice and we did not think it was overdone. In any event, do not avoid this place because you don't like spicy food. This place is incredibly accommodating. Wish that we didn't live 2 hours away, but we will be there again next Sept. during vacation.

• Visited September 2012

Churchville,PA
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

l never had Peruvian food, but would definitely go back again. It started with a very nice and informative waiter explaining the food. First Peruvian pop corn, they don't pop just good and crispy kernels then Peruvian juice, we had a the juice that was a mixture of apple, pineapple and Peruvian fruit. The soup also a Peruvian mixture was amazing. The main course was aromatic and delicious. Prices were reasonable and we will be back.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Florida
“Close to being in Peru”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

First - call the restaurant for directions from wherever you are. DO NOT TRUST YOUR GPS to get you anywhere near this restaurant. (We wandered around for close to an hour). Easiest is to get to the Pennsylvania Visitor Center just off I-80, then head east on River Road for 1 mile. On a Monday night we were the only people in this large restaurant. Service was attentive and portions very large. Share a tamale! Meats (beef and pork) were tasty but over-cooked/dry. Sides were good. If you don't BYOB, have a Chica Morada - sort of like non-alcoholic sangria if you add ice (it is served without ice). For dessert, try the Alfajor - shortbread cookies with dulche de leche filling - quite rich. Two of us shared the 3 cookies on the plate.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Tampa, Florida
“Welcome change of pace”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Very good food and the staff clearly enjoyed providing a good dining experience .

The Chicha Morada (a drink made from purple corn, fruit and spices) was completely new to me and quite refreshing.

Doylestown, Pennsylvania
“Great food and veggie options”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Inti Cuisine is a hidden gem in the Poconos. Amid the plain American restaurants and food, the entire dining experience is the best you will find in the area. Enjoy!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere