“STAFF NEEDS SERIOUS TRAINING” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos

You added Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos to your Saves list
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   561 Independence Road (SR 447), East Stroudsburg, PA 18301   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Special Weekend Rate!
Bushkill, Pennsylvania
“STAFF NEEDS SERIOUS TRAINING”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Our reservation was made and when we got there the hotel was booked. No answers. No help. Unfortunate because looks like a nice hotel from the outside. We never got passed the front desk. We were so excited to get a room so close for the amount we did. Terribly dissappointing.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Henryville, PA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

At checking there was one person checking in at peak time. She also answered phones. Even though I had a print out of my confirmation, she said she could not find my reservation and that the hotel overbooked. She said I should try another hotel. Really! I explained I had a confirmed reservation, was a priority platinum member and asked for the manager. She said there was none there. After 15 min of typing in a computer and stopping to answer phones, she found us a smaller room than we had booked. Depeserate we took it. The room was warm and the pull out bed was like a torture device. The walls were so thin you could hear everything and every time someone flushed. Not worth the money or aggravation. Never make a check in so clueless

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear spikeHenryville,

Thank you for being a Priority Club Member and for taking the time to relay your comments regarding our property during your recent stay. We are deeply sorry we fell below your expectations. Your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. We’d like to obtain some additional details regarding your experience, so we have sent you a private message.

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Janice A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

After reading some if the (negative) reviews on here I almost did not stay here - that would have been a BIG mistake. This place is new, very nice and clean.

Perfect,in my opinion, for the business traveler who likes their own space at the end of the day, enjoys cooking and also functional space to either work and/or relax; Think miniature Live, Work and Play environment!

Ps: I have stayed at other East Stroudsburg, PA hotels ... and while pleasant ... this place is by far superior.

• Stayed October 2012
Westhampton, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I have stayed with this chain before. Upon walking into the lobby and greeted by the front desk person I knew this was not a good fit. Victoria could not answer simple questions for us. Also took a very long time to check us in.
Upon entering our room, it would have been nice if she explained to us that there is a main switch to turn on everything in your room? My first reaction was to go to the elec panel in the room.
Then we noticed that there was leftover food and drinks in our refrig. Onto the bathroom and there were 3 dirty used towels. I called down to the front desk and was asked by Victoria to bring them to her or put them by my front door and she would pick them up? Why do I want to touch anyones used towels? A few hrs had passed and noone came for the towels, we had to go back downstairs and ask for them to be removed? Was the room even cleaned? I asked for a new room but they said they were fully booked.
Also had a knock at my door with a family stating We were in their room, they even had a room key for our room? What a hotel?
Then at midnite we were awankened by the fire alarm,,,,then a knock at our door asking if we were cooking? That the alarm came from our room, no we were sound asleep. I could go on and on with this hotel,,,staff is terrible, breakfast were also terrible. Powered eggs, not enough food out or silverware or plates, or seats.
We have family going to school there and will be staying at another hotel next time for sure.

Room Tip: stay somewhere else
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I booked a non-refundable night for about $100+tax, which I feel is good price for an acceptable hotel room. The hotel seemed clean. Free microwave popcorn in the room was a nice touch (although my microwave didn't work). The breakfast wasn't anything special.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

The hotel is beautifully designed but the staff need serious training. There were 2 rooms in our party. When we checked in, we found out that they were on 2 different floors. Not a big issue at first, but when we were still awake at midnight due to loud, obnoxious wedding party guests I changed my mind. Doors were slamming and people were yelling in the hallways very late. From their conversations, I could hear that there were members of the group on the 2nd floor and on the 4th floor--the same 2 floors that our 2 rooms were split up on! It doesn't take a rocket scientist to block groups together on the same floor, you assign those rooms first then reservations with multiple rooms, then single reservations. I tried to dial the front desk to complain about the rude guests and the phones in our room didn't work, not even a dial tone. Not only this being a major safety concern, it was a big inconvenience to get shoes on and go down to the desk. The hotel offers a game in the lobby area that some people call 'cornhole' with bean bags to toss onto a board with a hole in it. The wedding guests had taken the game up to the 2nd floor and set it up outside our room in the hallway (at midnight)! As I walk by the party room, music blaring, red solo cups in hand, they had disregarded all other guests in the hotel and acted like they were in a fraternity house. The music and loud voices were CLEARLY audible in the lobby area when I got to the desk to complain. The night auditor called the room, asked them to keep it down and told them they "would have to speak to management". She told me they were going to close the door to their room and handed me a business card from a large stack displayed on the desk (like it was common practice there) to get in touch with management. I had to tell her twice that the game from the lobby was setup in the middle of 2nd floor hallway to which the second time she replied "It's upstairs?!?!" and checked the area where it was normally kept in the lobby to see if it was there. I guess she didn't believe me.
When I returned home I wrote the email address on the business card that I was handed to tell them about the disappointing stay. The email came back as 'failure to deliver'. I even called the hotel direct and verified the address, they said it was correct. So...they have phones that don't work in the rooms, they don't know how to assign rooms for the courtesy of their guests, they don't know how to apologize and they give out a fake email address for their "manager". This hotel is definitely not up to par with other IHG Properties. Yes it's newer, but all of the issues I had could have been avoided with a little attentiveness from staff. I would skip this hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid room 220, phones don't work and plumbing from rooms above can be heard running in pipes th...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Dear ALBR23,

We certainly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. Guest comfort and safety are of the utmost concern to us and our hotels are committed to making every possible effort to provide a friendly environment. We take comments such as these very serious and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Karen G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Pontiac, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Despite negative reviews we decided to give Staybridge a try and we were glad we did. We reserved a 1 Bedroom suite and upon arrival found it to be clean and more than enough room for hubby and I. Flat screen TV's in living area and bedroom which was nice for times when I didnt want to watch football with him. Kitchen area was fully stocked with dishes, glasses, etc. There was no chair at the desk when we arrived but a quick call down to front desk and within minutes maintenance was knocking at the door with one. Same thing when we wanted extra towels. I feel bad for those that didnt have a good experience but glad we did and would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos? Share your experiences!