“Was Just Fine, no problems” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Stroudsburg

You added Super 8 Stroudsburg to your Saves list
Super 8 Stroudsburg
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   340 Greentree Drive, I-80 Exit 308, East Stroudsburg, PA 18301-3102   |
Chicago, IL
“Was Just Fine, no problems”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2008

Driving through on our way to NY. We booked 1 night here with the kids and had no problems. The rooms were spacious and clean. This is a location where a lot of truckers sleep, but so do families.
The continental breakfast was average, but good. I can't say we had any problems and would recommend to travelers looking for a place to take a rest.

• Liked — Located just seconds from the highway
  • Disliked — no problems, just fine
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2008

This place used to be very nice from what I have been told by others who stayed there before. We were very disappointed. The floors were dark carpeting and tile in the bathroom. There was hair left on them and I wouldn't even go barefoot in the room. We had a non-smoking room, but every other room was smoking so the hall smelled terrible. The filter in the air conditioner was filthy. Breakfast was pretty skimpy.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
Newtown, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2007

I truly thought I would never write one of these reviews but after reading what some write thought I should share our experience. We stayed at Super 8 East Stroudsburg, Pa location over East Stroudsburg University parents weekend Sept. 29, 2007. The room was pleasant, extremely clean, I even looked up at the ceiling as you know that is the first thing that people complain about. There were no stains, in fact it looked like fresh paint. The bathroom was neat and tidy and very clean. You got packages of coffee, a hairdryer, microwave and small refrigerator. It did smell a little musty buy hey, they probably can't open the windows all the time for safety reasons so we just put the air on and it was just fine for our needs. For the price it was a good deal and we were just there for an overnight stay.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2007

Beware!!!!!!!! Bedbuds at this site. We needed a place to stay for only one night and since it was a AAA recommended location we booked. I know it is said "you get what you pay for" but we thought how bad can it be, we were only going to sleep there. WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Upon check in we examined the room, It was pretty gross to be honest. The carpet was dirty, the bedspreads on both beds did not match, the bathroom was clean looking with the exception of the bathtub floor. I quickly checked the sheets and although they seemed clean, it was disturbing to find strands of hair. I should have left immediately!!!!!!!!!!!!!We just dropped off our stuff there and left and did not return again until after 9PM. With only the TV on and laying down I noticed a dark spec on the white sheet. Upon closer exam I noticed it was moving and quickly jumped out of the bed and grabbed a plastic cup to trap it. You can just imagine my horror and disgust to realize this was a bedbug. I ripped off the bedding to further examine, and that is when I also noticed that the mattress and box spring were stained with either coffee or soda that must have spilled on the sides of the bed. At this point (11:00 pm) we grabbed our bags, went to the front desk wih the bedbug in tow and told the front desk I was checking out and wanted a refund and here is the reason why! The young lady was horrified and quickly informed us that we would not be charged! To all of you out there, please be very, very careful where you stay. Check the bedding at all the hotels and motels where you choose to stay. I am sick just thinking about what happened, may it never happen to you,

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — THE BEDBUGS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
Newark, NJ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2005

Thought I'd take a brief vacation out to the Poconos to see the leaves turn, so I booked a room at the Super 8. The only upside to the trip was that the hotel was easy to locate (right off the interstate). The room was okay, but even though the hotel called my room a non smoking room, the room smelled smoky. I really did not care for the staff or service. My room was missing a phone book and wash cloths, but when I called the front desk, the man told me (quite curtly) that I could pick up the missing items by myself from the front desk. Now, I'm not a spoiled traveler: if I had asked for extras (such as extra soap, or extra towels) then I would have no problem picking the items up by myself. When, however, the hotel forgets to put basic items in my room, I expect the hotel to remedy the mistake, and I also expect the staff to not act as if I was placing an unreasonable burden on them - all I want is a room with the proper amount of linens (at least one washcloth and one towel) and a phone book. The room at least was not dirty (except for the smokiness of course).

• Stayed October 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2003

Stayed three nights at Super 8 Motel in E. Stroudsburg,Pa. Reservations made by Tripadviser were very well taken care of.

Been to Super 8 Stroudsburg? Share your experiences!