“I <3 the Globe Inn” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Globe Inn

and 1 more site!
You added Globe Inn to your Saves list
Globe Inn
3.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   326 W. Fourth Street, East Greenville, PA 18041   |
Earlville, Pennsylvania
“I <3 the Globe Inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I have been a repeat customer of the Globe Inn over several decades. Sharon is the sweetest hostess you'd ever want to meet. Awesome breakfast cook too! The rooms are immaculate and tastefully appointed, and the jacuzzis are so inviting. Little personal touches really make you smile though, like the champagne in the fridge and the balloons tied to the bed post when I celebrated there for my birthday. You can't go wrong if you need to stay in the area. A nicer place at a more reasonable price doesn't exist anywhere.

Room Tip: Corner suites are larger
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2014

I decided to stay here after reading other Trip Advisor reviews.It was a quick and pleasant drive from Bethlehem where I had stayed the previous nights. My room "The Essex" although a bit dark was very tastfully decorated in an equestrian theme. Lovely 4 poster bed and comfortable leather wing chair were comfortable and charming. Located in a very quiet residential area back from the Main street,made for a most restful sleep. And the jacuzzi and fireplace in the room helped of course! I would love to return here again to stay in some of the other rooms. Staff and breakfast were just great!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
New York, New York, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2014

I had to do a gig 10 miles away from here. My boyfriend and I booked this place ONLY because it looked adorable and there was a hot tub in the room which was a plus for a romantic getaway. When we returned from my show we came back to no hot water. We called the front desk but there was no answer because it was probably too late.

The next morning, when returning the keys, I told the owner and her staff that there was no hot water and all I got was an, "I'm sorry. You should have called the front desk." and then we were dismissed. They wanted nothing to do with the problem and did not even offer a discount or anything. Horrible. We will never be staying there again.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Paul U, Owner at Globe Inn, responded to this review, October 15, 2014
The Globe Inn appreciates Jen R's feedback. We are constantly trying to improve and attain our goal of 100% customer satisfaction.

All our rooms and suites have independent hot water heaters so that if one fails it will not impact the remaining rooms. The hot water heater in Jen's room was just installed this year and prior to her stay it has worked perfectly. The problem with the heater must be an intermittent failure because by morning it was working and has been working properly ever since. In case this intermittent failure shows up again, we will be checking the hot water before all future check-ins into this room.

Based on Jen's feedback, we will also be retraining all our check-in employees. At check-in, all guests should be told to call our main reservation number 215-679-5948 which is answered 24 hours a day. Reaching the Front Desk by dialing "0" on our house phones only rings the front desk and is only answered if someone happens to be in our office. Our apologies to Jen because this procedure was not explained to her at check-in.

Thanks to Jen for taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback that will help us improve our customer satisfaction in the future!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2014

Lovely! Has everything you could want, friendly hosts, a great hot breakfast witk made to order eggs ( even omelets, my plate came with a slice of watetmelon! ) Tv hidden in an antique armoire , rocking chair with ottoman, in house restaurant , Wi-Fi thast works. I could go on and on. The biggest surprise -- a hot tub in my room . Only caution is no elevator to rooms on two floors. And all this at a bargain rate with a $10 off card good for next visit . Is a bit out of the way . Don't confuse 4th St in Pennsburg with W 4th st in E Greenville . Have already been recommending to everyone. Rating 4.99999999. Will definitely be back.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
Irvine, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2014 via mobile

I have been here for a year. The staff was great and room were cozy and clean. I travel year round and you just don't get what I got at the globe inn at a chain hotel. I would recommend this place to everyone.

• Stayed September 2014
st. clair
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014

After reading the reviews and looking pictures on the inn's website we booked a night with the "Romance Package". The hotel was in the middle of a residential neighborhood which we didn't expect based on the website photo. When we arrived we were handed our key and directions to our room on the second floor; we were not shown our room which is customary at bed and breakfasts. Our room was ok in size but the furnishings and carper were worn and the room was dusty. The gas fireplace and jacuzzi were fine, the bathroom had a small shower stall and the door to the stall could not be fully opened since it hit the toilet. The room was quiet but was about 100 degrees since the inn keeper did not prepare our room by turning on the air before our arrival.
Dinner at The Carriage House (see review) was nice but otherwise there was no nightlife in the remote area and the small bar at the inn is only open for banquets. We spent the day before our arrival at the inn at Skippack, which is about 30 minutes from the inn. The village of Skippack has several shops and restaurants to enjoy. Nothing in the immediate area of the inn is available.

Room Tip: All rooms have a jacuzzi and gas fireplace. They are all decorated in themes
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Paul U, Owner at Globe Inn, responded to this review, September 17, 2014
We would like to thank gosteelers81 for her feedback on The Globe Inn. We treat every review as an opportunity to improve. This feedback is not typical when compared to any of our other reviews. Some of our high housekeeping and check-in standards were not followed during this visit.

Cleanliness has always been a top priority at The Globe Inn. Prior to this review, almost all reviewers gave us a 5 star rating for cleanliness and our goal is to maintain this high standard. We have gone over this review with our entire housekeeping staff and are double checking all rooms from top to bottom, to make sure every room meets our 5 star standard for cleanliness.

The Globe Inn was built in 1895 next to the East Greenville steam train station and our location is in the middle of the historic district of East Greenville. All the buildings in the Globe Inn neighborhood were constructed in the late 1800's or the early 1900's. Having a historic building like The Globe Inn does limit to some extent the layout of our rooms.

During this stay our check-in procedures were not followed. Before check-ins start, all rooms that will be occupied that evening should be inspected for any housekeeping issues, lights turned on and ac / heat adjusted to 70 degrees. At check-in, all first time guests should be escorted to their rooms and operating instructions for the TV, DVD, AC/Heat, Jacuzzi Tub and Gas Fireplace reviewed. Since this review, we have completed re-training our entire check-in staff to ensure that all our guests receive world class treatment during the check-in process.

As far as Thing-To-Do in our area, this review occurred on a weeknight. On weekends, the many pubs in our area offer a variety of live music and DJ's. Within a 5-15 minute drive, we have a wonderful lake / park (Green Lane Reservoir / Park for walking, hiking, biking, birding, fishing and boating), a local museum, gift / antique shops, Perkiomen Bike Trail, Bear Creek Skiing and Saint Padre Pio National Shrine. Within a 15-30 minute drive, you can visit Skippack Village (50 shops and 3 restaurants), Spring Mountain Skiing (Summer adventure park), Dorney Park and Sellersville Theater (live music shows). However with all this to do, most of guests come to The Globe Inn for a quiet get-away, dinner at one of our many fabulous local restaurants, cuddling up next to their fireplace, relaxing in the double Jacuzzi tub and enjoying a wonderful made-to-order breakfast in the morning.
Bavaria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

I came to join the "Perk-Up" - half-marathon in Pennsburg and stayed over this (August-) weekend at the Globe Inn. ...and there it was simply perfect! At the beginning a very warm wellcome by the likeable hotel keepers combined with interesting historical "lessons" and valuable recomendations for my weekend planning. My room (named Essex) was so nice, so affectionalty furnished and so cozy, that I was very comfortable from the first moment on. The breakfast buffet is not huge, but absolutely complete. Additionally omlets and/or other delicious egg dishes were offered.
Particularly I want to note that due to the early start of my run on Sunday my breakfast was prepared for me one hour earlier and after the run I'd been given the possibility to take a shower although the actual check-out time had been exceeded already.
Any criticism ( after so much praise )???? - I'm sorry, I could think of nothing to say.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo

Been to Globe Inn? Share your experiences!