“AMAZING food; but some truth to bad reviews...” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 44 Restaurants in Dunmore
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Pasta
Scranton, PA
“AMAZING food; but some truth to bad reviews...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I will start by saying that EVERYTHING the terrible review on this page said is TRUTH. They aren't lying...not at all....Lol. My friends and I tried going once months ago and it was PACKED. We stood around for 10 minutes and weren't even acknowledged so we left. Last night, we tried again.

This time we stood for only about 5 minutes and were approached. The owner joked about how the one table had been sitting there for a while not eating or drinking and hopefully they would leave soon so we could have the table. Call it rude, but I agree with the owner. You should at LEAST be spending money if you're going to take up tables.

We sit down. The Owner himself takes our order. VERY nice, funny, witty guy to talk to. You could tell he REALLY cared and made the effort on the day to day unlike so many orders. We were placing our order when all of a sudden the Owner grabbed the menu out of one of my friends hands and placed it on the table. I realized what happened; my buddy was bending the menu and folding it like nervously while we ordered and the owner didn't want the menu being ruined/bent so whereas most owners/waiters would have just ignored it to keep the customer happy/not embarrassed, this one actually REMOVED it from his hands! Lol. We all thought it was funny, but I can see how sensitive people would get offended by that...we weren't at all.

Our appetizers came out and OH BOY!!! LEGIT stuff...And by legit, I mean some of the best clams and bacon/ranch/cheddar potato wedges we have EVER had....honestly it's still too fresh to say for sure but maybe THE best we've ever had...we were all amazed.

Then out came the wings and the pizza. ACES all around. Our ONLY slight problem was the sauces. Becuase the wings are the most PERFECTLY cooked wings you can ever find. Perfect size, perfect crispness, perfect AMOUNT of sauce....it's just that all of the sauces we tried (which was practically every one of them except for 2 or 3) were above average but not GREAT. The special sauce was closest to great and MAYBE low end great...Like the Special Sauce might have been a 97 or 98/100. But this group of guys and I for a LONG time have done wing nights...And I can say this...LOTS of local places have EPIC 100/100 sauces but they can't get the wing perfect like Loading Dock has.

Please don't mistake me here...these wings are STILL probably the best we've HAD regardless of a flawless sauce....it's just if they can somehow craft an unstoppable sauce, they would EASILY reign supreme out of all local wings, without an argument to be made.

The chicken wing pizza....perfection...I mean, very, very, very awesome.

And probably one of the more "hidden" gems of this place....Price...Let me tell you why...We got like 3 or 4 apps...60 wings...the pizza...and EACH of us had multiple alcoholic beverages...Our bill was like $118.00. I think we paid a total of $150.00 or $30.00 a guy which isn't bad for ALL that food and alcohol. We left a good tip because while admittedly, the staff isn't the WARMEST staff around, it was nice to deal with a PROFESSIONAL staff in Scranton, PA for a change. They exuded elegance and intelligence like no place I've been locally. It really classed up our experience. Everyone was nicely dressed, very hygienic, very polite, very steadfast and considerate. I mean, if you want someone drooling over how cute and special you are, go to McDonalds or Burger King and have it your way...Lol. I have my friends with me to laugh and me and make me feel good, I want the staff to be efficient and courteous; and NOBODY can say they aren't JUST that at the loading dock.

No request was too hard for them...food was served FAST and we didn't have to wait...our drinks NEVER reached empty...Really a classy place with amazing food. 5 stars...

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Pennsylvania
“Our favorite!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I tried a different place tonight and while we were waiting endlessly for our waitress we both said " should have gone to the loading dock". Food there is always great with leftovers and great service. Reading the other reviews we had to laugh because it is so true that the owner is OCD, but that's what keeps the quality up. The only complaint is one night we got there late and we did feel rushed and the food quality was a bid off.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Scranton, Pennsylvania
“What a great place...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I was pleasently surpised when a friend suggested we should go here... Having never been there., I did not know what to expect... The owner believes in making sure you leave stuffed, and trust me its true, you will not leave there wanting more The taste of the food is very good... The bar/ resturant is very clean,,, so if your ln the area I highly recommend it, and prices are very resonable...

Visited January 2013
Newcastle, Ontario
“Great wings, cold beer and friendly folks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

After a terrible day driving north on I-81 we checked into the Sleep Inn in Dunmore. The desk clerk suggested the Loading Dock and it was just what we needed. The staff and other patrons were very friendly and the wings were great. It was quite busy but the service was excellent. We'd highly recommend it.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Jessup, Pennsylvania
“Too fast but good food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Tried it after hearing good things. Food was good, service good but felt very rushed. Would have liked to have a good domestic draft beer such as Yuengling Lager.Tried several craft beers but did not like any. I'm not one for testing "overpriced craft beers" with my meal when I know what I want and like. Because of the beer selection, will probably avoid going back.

• Visited October 2012