“Cozy but awkward location” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 4 hotels in Dunmore
“Cozy but awkward location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

I was here on a 2 day stay with my hubby after experiencing a trip interruption on the way to NY. The room was clean but I did notice a plastic fork (very visible) on the floor by the bed that was left behind by previous guests and obviously housekeeping overlooked it.Other than that, the room was clean.
The shower pressure definitely needs to be adjusted. It almost feels like a sprinkle it was so weak.
After a trip interruption my husband and I booked a flight back home. Initially we were told that the complimentary shuttle would not be running and offered a number to a resident of the hotel. We were later called and told the complimentary shuttle would take us to the airport instead of us paying a taxi. I was impressed with the customer service.
The breakfast was pretty good. They had your typical items, muffins, waffles, sausage etc.
The hotel is in a rather odd location, however its with walking distance to a few eateries as well as a Price Chopper grocery store. Overall, I had a pretty good experience and would definitely utilize this hotel again if in the area.

• Stayed March 2013

114 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Beattyville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

First, let's get the negatives out of the way. The hotel is located in an industrial area and has right-in, right-out access to Rt. 347. However, you can enter and exit via a traffic light at an adjacent shopping center and the area is definitely not unsafe by any means.

Water pressure in the shower was average at best. I've stayed in places that were worse (like the Comfort Inn in Goshen, NY the night prior) but I've also stayed in places that were a lot like home (Red Roof in Huntington, WV the night after).

Getting past that, this was a very nice hotel. The room was clean and comfortable, equipped with a fridge and microwave. Wi-fi was of adequate and average speed. Breakfast was not bad. Service was efficient. Plenty of parking is available. Plenty of shopping and dining two exits up i-81.

I have to say that the shower was oddly configured. The hotel room looks like a typical Sleep Inn room, with the round-cornered shower sticking out into the main portion of the room, but the shower stall itself did not have a curtain. The design was such that the showerhead was recessed into a diagonal "crook" in the shower and a curtain was not necessary.

The night I was there, there was a group of teenage girls also staying. A sports team of some description, I suppose. They acted like normal teenage girls but were not disruptive at all. Glad I got to the breakfast bar before they all descended on it near the end of breakfast hours.

I chose not to stay at the nearby Quality Inn based on reviews here on TA, opting instead to spend a little more money to stay here, again based on the reviews. I can understand why this property is so highly rated. I took points off for the location and the water pressure, but if you want a bright, clean and comfy room, this place fits the bill.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
SleepInnDunmore_PA, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Scranton Dunmore, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you for the kind and informational review! We hope to have you back soon and I will be looking into the shower pressure issue! Thank you!
Norfolk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

This is the first of many stays for this summer and I know that every time we stay here we will have a great time...Staff is always friendly and helpful..Rooms are clean and the housekeeping was the best...One of the things I like the best is when you first come in there is either apples or cookies on the front desk...and lets not forget the free newspaper every morning that you can get at the front desk...I know that all summer long when we go to Pa.we will be staying here...
Opps almost forgot the New G.M. is very nice and helpful..and don't worry they are a pet friendly place to stay..There are great places to eat that are just a jump around to old Rt 6 ...Come stay with the Best Sleep Inn in the Scranton area...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for the kind review! We love having you stay with us and cannot wait to see you, your family, and your very well manner dog again soon! It is always a pleasure!
Robesonia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Nice clean rooms, staff very nice and helpful. Good restaurant within walking distance, but both times I was there it was very busy and a bit understaffed, so I just went back to my room and returned later. The indoor pool is also a plus.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Stayed here during Thanksgiving with several family members. Staff was awesome and so friendly. Price was great, and the rooms were very clean. I will definitely stay here since the location is great too.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
I just wanted to thank you for the very nice review! We are glad you had a great stay!
Milton, WV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Stayed here on our way from West Virginia to New Hampshire. It is located right off of I-81. Comfortable bed. Good price. Only not-so-good feature was the breakfast. It was acceptable but would have bred better with bagels or muffins.

• Stayed January 2013
I just wanted to thank you for your review and let you know we have taken your advice and add 2 types of both bagels and muffins to our breakfast selection! We hope you come through the area again soon to stay with us and enjoy the new changes we have made! Thank you!
Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We first starting staying at this hotel in the winter of 2010 when our daughter was visiting colleges.

Our daughter wound up going to The University of Scranton which is only about a 5 minute drive from the hotel.

We LOVE this hotel. We stay there for every Family Weekend and event the school has AND we even wound up going there to stay during Hurricane Irene, the 2011 Halloween Nor'ester snowstorm and Hurricane Sandy when our home in Connecticut lost power for days and days. All the hotels in our area jacked up their prices but not this hotel, the rates are beyond reasonable especially for a very NEW and downright beautiful hotel like this one.

The rooms, lobby, breakfast area, exercise room and pool are immaculate. We really love the hot tub after a long day.

Their breakfast is most delicious with a wide variety of healthy foods. We can have hot waffles and eggs to start the day off along with cereal, oatmeal, toasts, yogurts and fruit. Coffee and tea are available 24 hours as well.

The staff is so helpful and friendly. I knew nothing about the area back in 2010 and the staff was very helpful on where to eat, shop and have fun.

The General Manager Maria Shroder has been there for years and greets us by name as soon as we come in the door.

My husband travels for business often and by far this is one of our favorite hotels. Stay here, we promise you will love it.

Room Tip: We love the rooms on the first floor near the pool and breakfast area.