“Fun Place to Stay while visiting PA” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Scranton East Hotel & Convention Center

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Scranton East Hotel & Convention Center to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Scranton East Hotel & Convention Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   200 Tigue Street, Dunmore, PA 18512-2652 (Formerly Scranton East Hotel & Convention Center)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #2 of 4 hotels in Dunmore
New York
“Fun Place to Stay while visiting PA”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

We stayed at this hotel while visiting PA to see Steamtown and Lackawana Coal Mine...for the price it is a good value - the included breakfast was hot and fresh and many choices (eggs, sausage, home-fries, waffles, fruit) The pool was clean and the hot tub hot - our room was right off the pool area - a perfect location. The only downside was the double beds - while comfy a bit small. Would stay again without a doubt.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
BestWesternScranton, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Scranton East Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

I thank-you for you compliments. I 'm very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.

Our breakfast is very popular with our guests and I'm glad you were able to enjoy our breakfast. We do have a nice variety selection to choose from.

Our pool is another plus for our guest and we hope to see you again as our guest in the very near future.

255 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Wells, Maine
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Arrived late at this hotel/motel very tired. They put us in a room in what seemed to be the old part of the hotel (the lobby looked very nice). The part we stayed in was a motel... entrance to room right off the parking lot. As we were traveling with our 10lb dog we thought that was why they put us in this particular part of the hotel. We should have checked the room before lugging all our bags in. The room was very dirty. Floors full of debris and bits of food. The fridge was filthy, with leftover food and dirty brown water in the bottom. The sink had toothpaste and hair in it. I could go on, but you get the picture. We called the front desk and they did offer to move us. We declined as we were very tired and the sheets appeared to be clean, although very wrinkled and thin. We slept in our clothes and left very early the next morning. The hotel did not charge us for the room. They did come in and take pictures of the dirt. I would not stay at this hotel again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I apologize, you experience at our hotel was one of unpleasant.

I would have wished I had the opportunity to speak with you during your stay or upon your check-out process.

Please feel free to call me to discuss your stated disatisfactions with our hotel.

I look forward to hearing from you. Our goal is to please all of our guest and we want them to leave with having wonderful experience at our hotel.

RhondaC
Hotel Manager

Travelers are raving about these Dunmore hotels

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Best western staff has been very caring and helpful. we would recommend best western to anyone who wants a hotel that feels like home away from home. the environment is inviting and gives off a good homey feeling. best western has great ammenities that will greatly attract your eye.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BestWesternScranton, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Scranton East Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

I thank-you for your wonderful comments on our hotel.

I'm very pleased to know you felt we were your home away from home.

It's a pleasure to know you found our hotel to be one of a very inviting environment. We strive to deliver a exceptional hospitality experience.

We look forward to having you as our guest agaian in the very near future.

Please feel free to contact if I can be of assistance on your return stay with us.

Rochester, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I am writing this at 2:30 in the morning, having arrived at the hotel about 45 minutes ago. Off to a really poor start.

It took ten minutes to raise the front desk person, who appeared disheveled,like we had just woke him up. The electronic keys worked on the 20th or 30th try--the door lock appears to be faulty, and we had some difficulty deadbolting the door from inside as well.

There were two trash bins in the room, both full off trash. I moved both into the hall and wrote this. I wonder if the linens are fresh.

We usually stay at the nearby Inn at Nichols Village, which, at its worst, is much better than this.

Leaving right after breakfast, but wanted to record these impressions. What I've seen so far is worth one star considering this was supposed to be a three star hotel. I awarded two stars because I am optimistic about breakfast, perhaps unreasonably.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
BestWesternScranton, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Scranton East Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Guest ,

I'm apologize your stay was off to a poor start. I also apologize the front desk staff representative that appeared disheveled , he was informed by the security officer at that wee hour of the morning that you were checking in. He was in the men's room and was trying to hurry and sadly he had literally left the front desk to go to the mens room.

I'm really sorry you did not ask for me during your stay or upon check-out. I would have wished you would have brought all of your disatisfactions to me during or at check-out.

Rhonda C.
Cobourg, On
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Fine for an overnight, reasonable rate, but just Ok, not the greatest area had to drive a distance for a restaurant. Front desk was very friendly. Best part was breakfast. It was very good and service was great.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Guest,

I'm very pleased you received a good value for your room.

I'm pleased you were received with a great hospitiality and you felt we delivered during your stay a great hospitality experience.

Our breakfast is always a great start for the day. We do offer a great and wide array on our complimentary hot breakfast buffet. We are pleased you enjoyed your breakfast and the great service during your breakfast.

I'm sorry you had a little bit of a drive, we are located within minutes of restaurants and at the front desk our representatives have prepared a list of restaurants with the driving directions.

Please feel free to contact me if I can be of any further assistance to you.
We thank-you for staying with us.

Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Check in was fast and efficient. Room was a little claustrophobic as no outside window. The pool was not usable. They just painted the trim around the edge, and the crew stated we could use the pool in 5 minutes. The smell from the fumes of the paint was nauseating. We walked into the pool after using the hot hot tub and immediately got out as there was so much junk ( paint chips, a slick from the paint, dirt) The hot tub was hard to get in and out of as the tiles were extremely slippery, and in a twenty person hot tube, only jets on one side of tub worked. Breakfast was good and free, the usual best western fair. They should have closed the pool area and let the people who booked this hotel know, as we booked this hotel on the fact of pool and hot tub, and would have stayed elsewhere had we been informed.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I'm pleased to hear your check-in process was fast and efficient. I do apologize for my staff members working on the pool. I'm sorry for this maintenace process but it is necessary for us to maintain the upkeep on our facility.

We try to find a much less busy time to tend to this and unfortunately it was on the day of your stay. This does not consume the entire day but it must be done. I again apologize it was complted during your stay.

I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed our hot complimentary breakfast buffet. Please feel free to contact me if I can be of any further assistance to you.

Flemington, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Maybe it was just the wrong weekend to book a night at this property. It was filled with LOTS of girls' softball teams in town to play a tournamant. So the price paid was likely at the high end of the spectrum for the night. It all began at 3:00PM with a line to check in. There were two people at the front desk who seemed to take forever to check in the 4 people ahead of us. Once we were registered, we checked in to the room just off the lobby. You know it's going to be rough when there is an odor of moisture when you open the door. As we were in a hurry to get to a wedding, we didn't have time to change rooms. After the wedding, we returned to take showers, only to find that the towels were all moist. Not a dry one in the room. The room seemed clean, but all the moisture made it feel like it wasn't. We left early the next morning, hoping we didn't bring anything "extra" home with us. The breakfast wasn't bad at all. Lots of crisp bacon and freshly made waffles made the parting a bit better.
I will not rebook here in the future.

Room Tip: Find one that is dry.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

We are a full service hotel and we have the facility to house guests of all age brackets. I apologize you were so disatisfied with your stay.

I'm on premises all hours and would have assisted you with any matter . I really wished I had the opportunity to do so. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can be of any further assistance to you.

Hotel Manager

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Scranton East Hotel & Convention Center? Share your experiences!