“nice place for the family” 4 of 5 stars

717-834-4710
Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 17 Restaurants in Duncannon
Enola, Pennsylvania
“nice place for the family”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

very large menu and food was very good - servers were very friendly - personally I liked the way they cooked my burger

Visited June 2013

Beaver Springs
“NICE LITTLE FAMILY STYLE RESTAURANT”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Stopped in for breakfast on a Saturday morning. Service was okay, kinda slow with coffee refills. Breakfast was nothing to brag about, just your typical diner food. Would stop again because not many choices heading down 15 toward Harrisburg anymore.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
lancaster
“Nice old school Family Resturant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Ranch House Restaurant
Nice family restaurant. good location plenty of parking.
Easy in and out. We stop in for breakfast.
Friendly staff, hot coffee and plenty of food.
Nothing fancy but if you like diner food good place to stop.
Like any small town in Pa, they are friendly and know how to treat customers.
Only down side paid $1.25 for toast, should of came with my dried beef gravy.
Resturant been there 60 yrs. so that should say something.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
State College, Pennsylvania
“Oh so yummy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

My daughter and I stopped in for a bite today. She order a Rachael and I ordered creamed dried beef on fried potatoes (4.90) I added toast for another 1.25.

Honesty I thought I died and went to heaven. It was the best ever. If it weren't a hundred miles away, I would be there a couple of times a week.

The place was clean, the service was excellent. The waiter was friendly and attentive. There was only one family there when we left and a couple when we went in. Only a car or two in the parking lot, so I thought they were closed. It must have been after lunch, but before dinner. But, I am sooo glad that we stopped.

Note the pictures on the wall....local color! The menu has the history of the family owned restaurant, which was founded in 1949,

It is on Rt 15 just about 1/4 mile north of US 322 in Duncannon.

I can't say "yum" enough!

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“A Wonderful Surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

My husband and I wanted to plan a party for his parents' 60th wedding anniversary and his mother's 80th birthday. We wanted to find a restaurant which was near their home in PA and near their friends, many of whom are elderly. We searched the Internet and found the Ranch House, among others. The Ranch House manager replied very quickly to my husband's email query and was quite helpful with details about the date, the room available, the menu, the price, and offered a decorated cake, as well.

The selling point for us was that the meal could be served as a buffet or family-style, which we thought would be ideal for older people who might not be able to get their own plates from a buffet and carry them and a drink to the table.

We were able to choose two meats (from six or so), a vegetable, a potato, and we also got jello, applesauce, and little relish trays. Drinks were unlimited.

We were happy with the Ranch House from the moment we arrived on the day of the party. The room was clean, comfortable, and arranged well. The waitresses got drink orders from each guest as he/she arrived. The food was served promptly and was DELICIOUS. We had pork chops and roast beef with "filling" (which I call "stuffing") and gravy. We had scalloped potatoes, rolls and butter, steamed cauliflower and broccoli, and cake. Every raved about how tasty everything was. There was so much food offered that we had plenty of leftovers. No one leaves the Ranch House hungry!

The staff was so friendly, helpful, and professional. I would recommend this restaurant to all.

• Visited September 2013