“Great experience until a cockroach joined us :(” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 57 Restaurants in DuBois
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Thai
Sharon, Pennsylvania
“Great experience until a cockroach joined us :(”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

While vacationing in Clarion, Pa (Cooks Forest) with my fiance we had just finished a 2.5 hour hike through the trails and were starving. Noticing the day before that there weren't too many places to eat (besides fast food, fried bar food and your basic chain restaurants) we decided to Google "Sushi". We have been many places for sushi and know good from bad. After Googling we found the closest "Sushi" place 39 miles from our hotel. We really didnt want to drive that far but after reading the reviews on here, all but one were very positive. We found the place with no problem, a small place that used to be a hot dog place and walked in. It was amazingly beautiful and clean. We ordered two different kinds of sushi (which was top notch) and decided upon trying some Thai cuisine (which we never have before). I didnt care for what I ordered, but I believe it was made the way it was supposed to (the texture of things got to me). My fiance ordered "beef curry" in a green sauce. After a few bites the next was hosting a baby COCKROACH doing the back stoke .... EWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!! Even tho they were very grascious and concerned, they only took off his meal and offered free ice cream. Sorry, but after I see a hair or bug I can't eat anymore. Everything we ate had rice in it at one point and just wanted to vomit. We tipped the girl 15% (its not her fault) and left. Sorry to say we will never to back again. Such a shame because the sushi was really out of this world :(

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Etobicoke
“Unexpected sushi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

My wife and I were travelling and spent one night in Dubois PA. Happened to see this restaurant on the Bee Line Hwy.

The restaurant serves both Japanese and Thai food, but we went for the Japanese. We had sushi as well as vegetable tempura and Salmon Terriyaki. The sushi was as good as any I have had. Very fresh and a nice size as well. Prepared by a very young man, I was quite surprised at the quality. The Terriyaki was also good but the tempura needs work. It was not a light batter and slightly greasy. The wait staff was very pleasant and the owner came to the table to make sure all was well. A good choice in a town full of chain restaurants.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Greenville, SC
“Refusal to make things right”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

My daughter got a chicken skewer. The meat was so tough even I couldn't eat it. I sent it back. They said I should expect tough meat on a skewer. They refused to take it off the bill even though she didn't touch it. Don't expect good service of there is something you don't like.

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Columbus, Ohio
“...between Average and Very Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I really like a dish called Pad Se Yew. So its my measuring stick for all Thai food. The flavor of theirs is really good but its a bit too dry and the noodles should be cut into more manageable pieces. Their sushi is awesome and all of their prices are reasonable. Nice surprise in a small town.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia
“Great Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Authentic Japanese and Thai food. Good Value close to the hotel. Excellent curries, nice atmosphere, really friendly staff.

Visited May 2013