“Beautiful Room Decor. Fabulous Property.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Inn at Narrows Creek

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in DuBois
The Inn at Narrows Creek
You added The Inn at Narrows Creek to your Saves list
44 Narrows Creek Lane, DuBois, PA 15801   |
Ranked #1 of 4 DuBois B&B and Inns
Chicago, Illinois
“Beautiful Room Decor. Fabulous Property.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2010

My husband and I stayed at this b&b during our trip to NYC. We stayed in the Sunflower Room. The decor was wonderful and the hosts were very accommodating. We arrived late and they were there waiting for us when we arrived. I was surprised to see the country store there as I did not know about it. It was not open the days we were there, but we looked around while we were checking in. While I am not into country, it was delightful. Whirlpool tub was wonderful. TV was a bit small, but I dont really want to come to a b&b to watch TV anyway. Breakfast was great. Hot and tasty and served in your room (you actually have tables in your room) which was very different and really appreciated. I could eat breakfast in the provided comfy robes and not have to socialize with the other patrons if I did not want to. But the real star was the property and garden. It was immaculate. Because we arrived late, I did not get to see it the night before, but we stayed well after checkout time just to enjoy the gazebo and creek next to it. Lots of flowers and a very charming garden. Inside rustic decor was carried over into the property.

My only cons were the TV and the road noise is a bit much. We had a number of trucks making noise in the evening that you could clearly hear. Not a big deal though.

I would certainly come back either passing through or for a weekend.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2010

The inn is pretty to look at but not accomodating for folks who want to sleep. When we booked we thought one mile from Route 80 would be OK, but unfortunately the inn is located between two VERY busy local roads. The truck traffic never stopped. More than once I literally jumped from the loud gear shifting and braking. When we checked in, we were asked to pay up front. This was a first in all the years of traveling and staying at B&Bs. Yes the grounds are lovely and the rooms well-appointed, but the fact that the water smelled from sulfur really prevented me from even trying the jetted tub. Luckily we had our own bottled water because we were told that we had to "handle the hot stuff" by the hostess the night before. It didn't really register at that time that it meant that I had to make my own coffee in my room. Luckily I had requested (and did receive) on small pitcher of regular milk. It was in a small refrigerator (in an uncovered pitcher). Otherwise we would have had to use the dairy creamer (also uncovered in a bowl in a cabinet along with the uncovered sugar which was right next to a pesticide plastic container - for ants?). Unforunately there was only enough milk for one mug of coffee each. The shower was OK but dangerous. The hot water knob was broken and just spun around and around. You had to get it at just the right spot to get the hot water to shut off. This could be very dangerous if you were unable to find the spot quickly. When I informed the hostess of the problem the next morning, she just agreed and commented that she thinks faucets just come that way. (?)
Breakfast was OK - baked oatmeal, small fruit cup, cold cider, and a tiny blueberry muffin, (and the coffee I made). It was delivered promptly at a prearranged time. There was no extra milk for the coffee once we put some on the oatmeal. There were no seconds or offers of such. The room had central air but there was no thermostat. Ceiling fans had to be used during the night to keep cool. Our room had a sitting area with a very confortable leather couch. In the corner was the "entertainment" cabinet. The television was the smallest tv I had ever seen in a hotel room. It was so tiny (13 inches) you could barely see it from the couch. There was cable so the channel selection was adequate. It was rather funny that the tv was also a dvd player. I couldn't imagine watching a movie from the couch on that small tv. The rooms were spotless and the decor was delightful. This is just not a place I would come to again. I guess we have been spoiled by the dozens of B&Bs that offer a bit more service and many more morning breakfast options. The road noise and sulfur water alone would keep me away.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2010

The Inn at Narrows Creek is just a fantastic place to stay. We loved the suite and the grounds. We had driven by there numerous times on the way to Parker Dam State Park and finally made it a point to spend a night there.

The breakfast (souffle, muffin, fruit salad and juice) was tasty and it was even brought up to our room at a time agreed upon by us when we checked in. There also was a coffee pot as well as coffee and tea packets with cream and sugar in the room. Bottled pop was available for a buck in a fridge in the hallway.

We did have two gripes though:

1 -- The TV was way, way too small. Since we had the Americana Suite, we had a large parlor. The TV was only a 13-incher and was very hard to see from the couch. Could they not spring for at least a 19-inch set?

2 -- Our whirlpool tub did not work, well sort of did not work. We continually pressed the button and it did not turn on. So we gave up. I told the woman who brought our breakfast the next morning and she said you had to press "really, really hard" and that they should have put up a sign to that effect.

Well, that was nice to know, being that it was the following morning and we were about to check out soon. When we could not start it the previous night about 9 o'clock, I went down to the office to ask someone how to get it going. There was no one around. No innkeeper. Not even a fellow boarder. But I especially thought it was strange that there was no innkeeper to be found. No one to take care of any questions or problems.

The whirlpool thing was not really a big deal, but we did pay $20 extra for the suite to get the extra sitting room (with the tiny TV!) and the whirlpool (which we could not get to work!).

Neither of those things would keep us from going back. We'll just have to remember to push the button really, really hard next time.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to The Inn at Narrows Creek? Share your experiences!