“My favorite restaurant in the Hazleton Area” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 19 Restaurants in Drums
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Weston
“My favorite restaurant in the Hazleton Area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Meating House has been my favorite restaurant in the Hazleton area for years. As a couple, with friends, family, etc. And I have eaten there dozens of times. Every time I eat there, I have fantastic food and a great experience. The filets melt in your mouth; the barbecue shrimp appetizer is phenomenal. And the service is impeccable. I have worked in the hospitality industry for 17 years, and I am completely satisfied every time I visit the Meating House. I am almost personally offended by the comment that moffit made on this review board. Please do not take his advice to stay away; you will miss out on an excellent meal with fair prices. And the atmosphere is perfect if you are looking for a quaint, romantic environment. I plan on returning very soon. I am a supervisor at a restaurant at a local resort, and when our guests ask me if I have any recommendations for other restaurants in the area that are great, I always mention The Meating House. As a matter of fact, I made a recommendation recently to a couple, and they personally thanked me for referring them to this restaurant. And one more thing: I had the best service of my life from a waiter there named Sergio. I hope he is still there. He is a valuable asset to the restaurant.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

White Haven, Pennsylvania, United States
“Over priced.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

Food was overpriced and not very good.
did not enjoy the atmosphere at all.

Mountain Top, Pennsylvania
“Sucks”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

Stay away!
Used to be good years back. service is lousy and the food is expensive and has suffered greatly. go to Bobbys of New york next door.

Visited July 2011
CURTIS L, Owner at Meating House, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
I have emailed this gentleman in trying to gain more information about his concerns; a week has passed with no response !! If you go on Bobby's of NY site you will see someone elses response to Moffitt. Also on this site why would you comment about my restaurant when your supposed to be reviewing Bobby's!!??? ( This restaurant has been closed for three weeksand turned into office space so how could he be reviewing it just now??? This sounds like Moffitt has alterior motives!THE MEATING HOUSE is a family owned and operated restaurant with family members hands on - cooks, servers, bartenders and my family takes great steps and pride to exhibit restaurant hospitality. We are a casual fine dining operation and unique to this area and not a bar operation that serves bar type food. Therefore previous comments about higher priced entrees and slower service may be a function of this and which may have not met previous reviewers expectations. Independent restaurants work hard at their trade, we started ten years ago as a start-up, made it through a recession which many businesses failed, and have great hope for the future. I hope reviewers and bloggers realize this when they are judging businesses, especially after only a single visit.
Camas, Spain
“We had a really good experience there”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

I am not sure if the owners have been working on improving the restaurant since the reviews in 2010 and 2011, but we went there May 2012 and had a very nice experience. It is an old stagecoach stop (like another traveler mentioned) so the decor is based on that. The restaurant was clean. The owner came to our table to ensure we were happy. The menu had numerous seafood and steak options; everyone at our table was very happy with their meal. Steaks were cooked perfectly; seafood was fresh. We had a very pleasant waitress who really did a nice job making sure we were happy. If I lived closer, I would go there more often.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Mountain Top, Pennsylvania, United States
“What took us so long to find this place?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

We only live a town away and this was our first visit to the Meating House and we will definitely go back. Our meals were made fresh, with generous proportions and cooked to perfection. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Great ambiance. Our compliments to the chef and staff.

• Visited February 2012