“Finally I found a real Moroccan Restaurant..!!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Moroccan, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Hatfield, Pennsylvania
“Finally I found a real Moroccan Restaurant..!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Am from Fes moved here few years ago, I went to several Moroccan restaurants in the area but I was not impressed until I went to Little Marakesh in Dresher, pa. The food was excellent, authentic Moroccan, rich in falvours. The Chicken tajine was served in real clay tajine dish. I discovered that the chef is from Marrakech city in Morocco and this is so far the only typical Moroccan Restuarant owned and operated by a sweet Moroccan family. The place is decorated like a traditional home from south of Morocco, the Music, atmosphere, dancers and the aroma of spices reminds me totally of home.
I highly recommend this restaurant to whoever is looking for a real Moroccan meal. I will definitely go back and will take friends without being disappointed.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Lansdale, Pennsylvania
“A beautifu space, wonderful food and service. Could not have been better!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I really loved this place ! Great atmosphere, entertainment and a friendly staff. I took my family on a Saturday night for dinner and watched belly dancer shows. We spent over two hours enjoying our meal, The food was outstanding and the service better than any restaurant I have ever been we were treated like a cross between royalty and favorite relatives !!!
The atmosphere of grandeur of this place is amazing. The colorful lamps, candlelights and warm walls, every little thing adds to an incredible space, great background music and perfect lighting !
If you are looking for authentic Moroccan food, I would highly recommend Little Marakesh. It reminds me of Morocco, lamb kabob, chicken tagine, bastilla and mint tea ! Don't forget to save a little room for Baklova, they are delicious !

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Spring Lake, New Jersey
“KARMA!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

My boyfriend and I bought TWO Groupons. The first one, we went for the Sultans Feast. The owner sat us. When he found out that we had a Groupon, he told us that he wasn't making any money. Over and over he suggested that we go next door and get alcohol. Over and over we said "We don't drink". We thought he owned the liquor store next, but quickly realized the corking fee. Then we ordered soda for $2. I have never been charged for refills in any restaurant that didn't have a drive through window. When we got the bill? There was $16 for 8 glasses of ice with a splash of coke (4 each) over the several course meal. THEN the waitress took it upon herself to add an 18% tip. That is customary with a table of over 6, not a table of two. We probably would've tipped her that to begin with, but because of her arrogance in doing it, we were furious. Now, the second Groupon. It expired but is good for cash value. Well well well..... Karma must've hit! They're only open on Friday night and Saturdays. What is the matter, Mr Marakesh? No business? That's what happens when you rip off your customers! Hopefully it will be closed soon!

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Exton, Pennsylvania
“A pricey disappointment.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I am one of the most easy-going people especially in a restaurant setting after working in one. My friend had purchased a Groupon for Little Marrakech which I was pretty excited about mainly because I always wanted the eat-with-your-hands experience and something a bit different. We drove an hour to get there and because my friend was having printer problems she asked the manager if he could take mercy on her. She suggested he take the Groupon number and redeem it but he was adamant that we would try to keep printing it and come back over and over. I was extremely insulted by the lack of sincerity a small business owner would be and in reality, that's not how Groupon works anyway so it was also an insult to my intelligence. Long story short, we had mediocre food that took awhile. I am able to pay $32 for dinner but when I was reading the menu, even if you weren't eating, they would charge $15. Plus, it's a BYOB and they charge you $1 per person corking fee. I felt nickel and dimed and it's a shame especially because it didn't appear to be a whole lot going on the tiny town of Dresher and being a small business owner myself, I am surprised he's in business at all. The entertainment was a joke which would have been fine if you were paying half the price for dinner. Overall, I have never really written a poor review of anything but this was a shame and it's not often that being a customer I am humiliated and talked down to. Thanks for nothing Little Marrakech.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
US
“Nice Moroccan flair”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The Sultan's feast is a really nice collection of 7 Moroccan dishes that are very tasty. The chicken is truly to DIE for
I would've rated 5 stars save for the fact that the shish-kebob is somewhat on a small side and the waiter would not give me a 2nd cup of mint tea trying to get me instead to buy a whole pot (I mean COME ON NOW - its "hot water"!!!)

Visited February 2013