“Good food, high prices” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
“Good food, high prices”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

The food was very good, however I felt that the prices were quite high for the basic pasta the is offered. Dining room is very small and tight.

Jamison, Pennsylvania
“Going Downhill Quickly”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

We've been dining here since it's inception. We really used to feel at home here, especially when Bob R was running the front, before he passed away. Now, no one runs the front. First of all, the noise level is terrible. I could not hear my wife from across the table, and I didn't attend that many rock concerts in the 70's. I know for a fact that inexpensive acoustic panels can be installed on the ceiling and would make a nice improvement in the overall experience.

I ordered the surf & turf tonight at $34. The filet mignon was about 2 ounces. Almost comical. It's a small joint, so I noticed two other guests receiving the same dish. We were all laughing, sadly. It was completely covered (disguised) with a thick Gorgonzola sauce. I sent mine back. The other victims did not, but my guess is that they simply won't return.

While I was waiting for for my new dish, three different waitstaff asked my wife if she was "done working". She wasn't, but she was waiting so that we could eat together. Finally, I just told the last kid to just stop asking. And what's the deal with servers asking if I'm "done working" I really don't look like a woodchuck.

The bread was a sandwich roll cut into small pieces. Really?, at approx $85 a couple? I'll give them a pass here because we are only a few days out from Superstorm Sandy, and many of the local bakeries may still be closed, without electricity.

2nd dish- Salmon with Pesto and pumpkin seeds. Salmon was very overlooked and dry, but warm. Pesto sauce was bitter and very cold. What's the deal with that. Also, the pesto had little flavor except for a bitter aftertaste.

As a bonus, the server had terrible breath, and rushed us, and everyone around us.

It's a real disappointment to see this little Doylestown gem fall apart. Another sign was that Chris, the owner, was nowhere to be seen. It's unlikely that we'll be seen back here anytime soon as well.

“Best D-Town Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Been here many, many times always great food. Everything is freshly prepared. You can sit at the bar and watch the chefs prepare the food. Chris' veal dishes are excellent....especially the veal milanese. Their Sunday brunch is always very good with a very good selection of special pancakes, french toast and omelets.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Warrington, Pennsylvania
“Great Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

From the pancakes, omelets to the breakfast sandwich everything is great. I have been there over a dozen times and never a bad breakfast. Service is outstanding however it is a little tight inside, but worth visiting for a relaxing Sunday breakfast

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Philadelphia
“Great experience at Domani Star!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

We were looking for a place to eat after seeing a movie at the County. Paganini's menu didn't appeal to my wife, so we walked down the street to check out Domani Star. As we walked in, Frank Sinatra was singing "All of Me" - I took this as a good omen (I later spotted several photos of Frank, included an autographed one). We had polenta & gazpacho to start. The polenta was the best I've ever had, & the gazpacho was very fresh-tasting. Entrees were veggie lasagna & chicken alla fiorentina with spinach & brie. Everything was beautifully presented & delicious. Portions are large. We finished with 2 amazing desserts, the bread pudding & an intense chocolate pudding (more like a thick mousse). Service was attentive & very friendly. The only downside is that they pack the customers in very tightly. Other than that, it was a near-perfect dining experience. Although we don't live near enough to become regulars, we will put this on our list of places to go for a "special" dinner.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere