“One of my FAVORITE places” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Caribbean
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
“One of my FAVORITE places”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I love the people, the variety and freshness of the food. The atmosphere, the fish tank and pet fish! ALSO the fact that the owner will come over every time to say hello and ask how we are and suggest something new on the menu. NEVER disappointed!

Visited March 2013

Dublin, Pennsylvania, United States
“Terrible Service, Cold Food, Long Waits.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Well to start; at first look this place seemed promising, but upon arrival we found the service awkward. We were handed 2 menues and told to seat ourselves... after finding our seats we waited about 10 minutes for a server to come and ask us for our drink order, if the restaurant had been full this may have been acceptable but we and one other couple were the only patrons at the time.
After we ordered our waters and waited an additional 10 minutes before they arrived, we also placed our food orders in. We noticed during this whole process of waiting that table a bit over from us hadn't been cleared at all from a patron who left about the same time we walked in... the long waits continued and along that line we started talking to the one other couple in the restaurant about how long these waits were. 35-40 minutes later the first SANDWICH came out, very plain, no chips, large plate. just an awkward looking sandwich. We were told the other was soon following, as a gentleman i decided to wait for my girlfriends sandwich before eating mine.
Another 20 minutes passed when a server came by and asked "how is everything?" what guts to ask such a dumb question. It was pretty obvious that this wasn't going well, im sitting with a now cold sandwich and waiting for the second to arrive. what could my answer possibly be other than "still waiting" after another few minutes her sandwich arrived with an apology for the wait.
In the end we paid $24 for an uneaten cold sandwich that upon further inspection there was no possible way on gods green earth that this filet mignon sandwich could cost $11, a jerk chicken sandwich that was just cheese bread and a morsel of chicken, and terrible service with long wait times. AND THEN after this whole ordeal i get to the car to find a $10 parking ticket because we had spent more than an hour and a half waiting for 2 mediocre sandwichs.

I would never recommend this place to anyone unless serious changes where made to improve the overall quality and experience that would be provided.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Washington Crossing, PA
“Great Spot in Doylestown for Food at a Reasonable price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Prior to going to the Michener Museum for an afternoon my companion and I stumbled upon Sweet Spot and decided we would try it for lunch. The host(owner?) was so gracious. We started off with the Pumpkin Soup which my vegetarian friend sadly discovered meat in. Too bad for her and good for me because it was delicious. She did find a Portabello sandwich on thick bread which looked delicious and I had the Shrimp Creole which was quite yummy. We paid for two just a bit more than we often pay for one. Good spot to know about.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Fresh, delicious, very inexpensive.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

My friend and i stopped in the sweet spot last sunday for lunch. Dare i say, i have been wanting to go back ever since & plan to take my bf there this sunday!

The ingredients are high quality, beyond fresh & so clean tasting. My friend and i both started with a nice bowl of nana's pumpkin soup, which was a nice hearty, delicately spiced soup served with a scrumptious pillow of grilled bread...(yes im a bread lover and would choose a nice piece of bread over icecream or sweets any day!)...for dipping & i thought i was in heaven! I also had the goat cheese & pear salad, while foodie-friend chose the mushroom & onion panini. I loved the lightness & flavor of the dressing & the goat cheese was really fresh and creamy!

All were perfect portions for us, and priced very well; our total bill with tip, and 2 cups of hot tea was a mere 22$! We were there catching up for quite a while, never felt rushed to leave and even was offered hot water to freshen our tea, twice AFTER our bill was paid! The Sweet Spot is a BYOB and also a really Great place to stop in if you children too as they serve small plates and also have free wifi, pool table & shuffleboardy-thinger. Go & enjoy a nice meal at a very reasonable price!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Awesome little place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

We stopped in to see the "tanked" tank and stayed for a delightful lunch. The owner and staff were super friendly and even my picky-eater kids enjoyed the Carribean fare. The conch fritters were the best we've ever had and there wasn't anything we ordered we didn't enjoy. Definitely worth the stop.