“Food is ok, bar rip off” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
PA
“Food is ok, bar rip off”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

We are locals and have been to MOMs several times for a casual dinner or lunch and the food has always been good, if not memorable. However, the last time we were there we were with friends of ours and we all had drinks. My friend ordered two glasses of wine and asked for "pinot noir" which she gets at every restaurant we go to. When the bill came we saw that her two glasses of wine were $14 each for a whopping $28. She did not want to call attention to it, but I asked the waitress why they were so expensive and she said that it was the only kind of pinot noir that they serve and that's how much it was. I told her that it would have been only right to warn us that the wine was double the price of a regular glass of wine and my friend would have ordered something else and her only response was there was nothing she could do about it. We were not happy, but we left a decent tip for our waitress and left. My husband wrote a letter to the restaurant several weeks ago, but never got a response and for that reason we will not go back. . Every other restaurant in Doylestown can serve a $7 glass of pinot noir except this one? And they can't take the moment it takes to tell you it will be that much? Who goes to MOMs to spend $14 on a glass of wine! Not me! The restaurant does not really care how they get their money or whether the customer is satisfied or not, so I do not feel the need to go there any more.

Visited November 2013

“Good lunch choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

Easy walk from the Michener Museum. Sat in a booth in the front of the restaurant. Several local families with well-behaved children sat in the same section, so MOM's is definitely kid friendly. Good choice of reasonably priced appetizers, soups, salads, and entrees. I had the Reuben: corned beef, swiss, and kraut served on 2 very thick slices of rye bread (homemade?). It was delicious. My sister had a hamburger which was cooked exactly as ordered and her comment, "This is one of the best I've had in years." Beer selection was impressive although we didn't order any. Service was average. If I lived locally, I would definitely return for dinner and their evening entertainment upstairs.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
“Went for the fried chicken”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

We were disappointed. There are very few places that serve fried chicken in our area, so when we heard about this place serving great fried chicken - we excitedly invited another couple to try it out....we all ordered the chicken and and all came away with the same conclusion - not so great. Very sad.

Visited March 2013
New Jersey
“Great pub food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

We had lunch here after visiting the Michener Museum. My friend and I shared a Philly cheesesteak flatbread that was meaty and filling. I had the Guiness chili and my friend had the tuna melt. She took half of it home. Service was friendly and attentive. Tables are close but that is part of the pub atmosphere. Many locals from the nearby courthouse appeared to be enjoying lunch here too. There is a 4 page beer menu.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Far Hills, New Jersey
“Always a good place to go”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

Never had a bad meal @ this place. From the many craft beers & good cocktails to the fresh food never disappoints . Arugula salad was nice but produced my only complaint . The pears used were very limp and didn't seem fresh. The salmon was excellent as we're the accompanying asparagus & mashed garlic potatoes. My wife had the burger & was happy with it. It also has a upstairs & downstairs bar.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere