“Great BBQ” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hickory Kitchen

Hickory Kitchen
9 West Court Street, Doylestown, PA 18901 (Formerly Smokin' Lil's)
215-348-5170
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 125 Restaurants in Doylestown
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

BBQ is one of my favorite foods. I've enjoyed it in Texas and Tennessee among other places. However, I had a great platter at Hickory Kitchen, which is much closer to my current location. Tried the brisket with sides of beans and cole slaw and a biscuit. The brisket was fork tender and smokey good. The brisket featured both the taste of smoke and beef, which is essential. On the table were an assortment of sauces, allowing me to try four different ones, each with it's own character. The beans on the side were also delicious as was the slaw, which had a great fresh/crunch texture and tangy sauce. On the menu, you'll also find non-meat choices, giving everyone a way to enjoy this place. While there, I checked out the smoker. What a unit! For the price, this place is a great value to match the flavor. Five stars!

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Morristown, New Jersey
“Quest for a great BBQ Joint”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

After reading the reviews in TripAdvisor, Hickory Kitchen was on our list to try their Smoked BBQ Meats in our quest to find a great BBQ Joint. When we walked through the door the aroma of the smoked meat was promising, we liked the simple layout of the place, and the servers were very nice. I ordered the smoked pulled pork on a country brioche roll with slaw and my wife ordered 1/3 smoked ribs with two sides and biscuit. We thought the pulled pork on a was very good, but needed a lot of the House BBQ Sauce. The smoked ribs were tender and the meat came right off the bone, but were rather small, dry and lacked that really smoked BBQ taste we were hoping for. Overall we enjoyed our lunch at Hickory Kitchen, but are still on a quest for that great BBQ Joint.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
“Excellent food and service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

This place is great. I've never had anything but an awesome time when I visit, which unfortunately is not often enough! They do southern style, BBQ, and grill stuff, but they also offer salads and delicious vegetarian options. My favorite is Rachel's Quesadilla. Everyone that works there is friendly and knowlegable, and the owner Mike is very down to earth and just a really nice guy. This is a fantastic lunch spot right in the heart of town.

Doylestown, Pennsylvania
“Excellent food and variety plus friendly atmosphere.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

I visit the Hickory Kitchen often and have never been disappointed by food quality or service. At lunch they can occasionally get backed up with crowds from jury duty at the courthouse. But it is always worth the wait. And the BBQ AND vegitarian fare is very tasty with diverse seasoning options.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
“Ok Southern BBQ - used to be better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I've been eating here on and off since they were Smokin' Lil's a few years ago. I don't know if I've grown tired, or they have, but the food just doesn't do it for me they way it used to. It's a very casual place, with limited service, so you don't go for the atmosphere or service. The food is what you go for, and it's OK - but not great.

Visited January 2014