“After going for years, I was surprised to discover the restaurant's true nature” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Cross Culture

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Hello everyone, I have been a lifelong diplomat of Cross Culture and I would like to bring to everyone's attention: Cross Culture is filth. I would not like to see anyone get hurt or become sick. Once, in my tawi chicken, I came across two small pieces of glass. I had gotten the order for take out and was very alarmed when I felt it in the back of my throat. Thank goodness I had eaten before my two young children or I would not have been as civil as I was. Also, when I dined in, I sometimes noticed foreign food particles in my chutneys as if they have been reused. Then it all changed when Monty (the owner) invited me back to the kitchen and made me an order of naan bread. Back there I saw black debris coating all the bowls and surfaces (it was slight and hard to detect, but sticky to the touch). I also saw one of the chefs wearing flip flops and chugging down alcoholic drinks.

• Visited June 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

88% Recommend
Leesburg, Virginia, United States
“Indian food at its best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

BYOB at both the Doylestown and Lambertville locations. Great food, (lamb karahi is my favorite) and they totally oblige when you ask them to up (or down) the spice level. Service is great 99% of the time (100% in D-town) we go at least once a month!

Visited May 2012
Richlandtown, Pennsylvania
“Delicious!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

We took our Vegan daughter to this little place and it was great! It is not often that we eat Indian cuisine, but going here makes me want to try everything on the menu!! Looking forward to going back.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
philadelphia, pa
“Don't fear the curry at Cross Culture Cuisine”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

Business lunch with friends today, and we were looking to be a bit more adventurous than the burger places or other standards in town, and thought we would give Cross Culture a try. Glad we did! For lunch we ordered an appetizer for the table of spinach balls with nan and two dipping sauces- one spicy, the other more caramel-sweet. It whet our appetitie and each of us ordered a different entree. I will say the wait after the appetizer was a little long. I had the shrimp tiki masala, and enjoyed every bite, a bit of spiciness to the flavorful sauce combined with some jasmine rice they served for the table. My guests had the chicken tandori and the lamb- both enjoyed. I really enjoyed reading about the restaurant on the website and their comments about curry. Don't fear the curry here, we did not have overwhelming tastes of curry in any of our meals, on the contrary, everything was well seasoned with resulting flavor combinations that were very enjoyable.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
mainlinemadelyn
“Outstanding food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

This is a pretty restaurant with friendly staff. The food is really wonderful Indian cuisine. Unlike other restaurants, they serve beef. I guess that's the "Cross Culture" meaning. So far, we have only had their tandoor and vegetables. They recently took their bone in Tandoor Chicken off the menu which is a disappointment to us. They have the chicken tikka, still very good, but not as tasty as when it is cooked on the bone. Their vegetables are delicious, but the portions are very small. For $15, it is more like getting a side order. If it were not as expensive, we would be dining there a lot more.

Visited February 2012