“Cheese, great croissants and very good hot chocolate.” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #29 of 119 restaurants in Doylestown
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Description: Andre's Wine & Cheese Shop believes in promoting local agriculture as well as offering a large selection of cheeses and products from around the world that have a reputation steeped in tradition and quality. As a local family-owned shop, we are passionate about our region's offerings and strive to bring the best the world has to offer. In other words, everything we offer we would serve to our own friends in family at home. Don't forget to taste while you shop!
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
“Cheese, great croissants and very good hot chocolate.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Their selection is limited, but they have quality products. The bakery right next door, part of Andre's, make some of the best croissants. Try the Italian breakfast. Cheese, ham and asparagus. I'm sure I'm missing some ingredients. Fresh fruit croissants are tasty.

Visited February 2012

85% Recommend
Dublin, Pennsylvania
“Local Bucks County Wine & Excellent Cheese”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

This is a hidden treasure in Doylestown, which isn't apparent from the front of the 22 Main building in town.

This is a small wonderful cheese shop that highlights a variety of baked goods, cheese, coffees, and of course wine. The wines they offer are locally made in Bucks County, specifically highlighting the Crossing Vineyards and Buckingham Valley Vineyards wines (you may be able to read more on their wines by checking out these venues on the travel review site of your liking).

Be sure to order a cheese tray to compliment your wines while visiting. They have a wonderful selection of Brie's that were terrific with the wine.

For a nice, quiet, casual place to stop, snack, and drink great quality products this is a wonderful venue.

Be sure to check their store hours, they vary depending on the day of the week.

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Denver, Colorado
“Excellent pastries”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2011

This is a nice little cafe/bar with very good pastries (I especially recommend the one with the Brie in it, I forgot the name...) but you have to be early otherwise they are out of pastries. They also have some salads and other items on the menu and of course a nice selection of cheese and wine (as the name suggests...).
Location is great right at the center of Doylestown and the place is very cosy and friendly. You will often find the owner, Andre, at the bar and it's always nice to have a chat with him.
I would recommend this place mainly for some light snack like cheese or one of their exceptional fresh pastries but for me there are better places for lunch nearby.

Visited December 2011
Levittown, Pennsylvania
“Was Expecting More Cheese Selection”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2011

I arrived at Andre's one late Saturday afternoon. It's inside a small mall filled with various shops. It's nice because you can still eat outside at little tables without actually being outside in the cold weather. But my review is only about the cheese. When I think of a cheese shop, even a small one I expect to see cheese that I can't pick up at the grocery store. A handful of ordinary cheeses at Doylestown prices, I was expecting more. I love shopping in the area because I do find very interesting artistic things, but I won't be in a hurry to return to Andre's.

• Visited December 2010
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
“Great Food & Ambiance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2010

This is one of my favorite places to go. It's tucked into a great little marketplace mall in Doylestown. Andre serves up local wines and freshly made delicious food, and he does it all with a great friendly personality. It is clear that he really loves what he does, and loves what he is serving. Andre's staff consists of friendly, attentive and happy girls who supply service to match their personalities. You can sit at the bar or tables upstairs, or, better yet, venture down into the Cellar where it is more intimate and very inviting. The menu has a bunch of great basics, and there are also new specials all the time. I love LOVE LOVE the french ham and brie pannini. Something that sounds so simple is actually absolute perfection. It is one of my very favorite things to eat. I have also had the cheese fondue, which is out of this world, and the chocolate fondue which is great, as well as lots of other items on the menu, like homemade pasta. I've never been let down. Vegetarian choices exist for those who are so inclined. There are also lots of goodies to take home, like interesting cheeses, salamis and meats, great olives, Spanish almonds and more. This is the place that I love to bring out of town friends when they come to visit. We usually sit downstairs and spend hours talking over plates of food and glasses of wine. Who could ask for more? Andre's is open for lunch, dinner and takeout.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere