“great craft beer place” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Fleetwood, Pennsylvania
“great craft beer place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

The ever changing beer menu is great and the food was both delicious and unique. The wait staff was exeptional. Go early if you want a table, as it is first come, first served. It gets a little loud, but that just adds to the vibrant atmosphere of the place.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Downingtown, Pennsylvania
“Great Time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Went here last night with friends from out of town.Really good beer & wine lists, servers were amazing, considering how busy it was.Food was really good from the Chefs Plate, to my meal which was a blackened catfish sandwich. Love going here, food and service is always awesome

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“A Great Find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

The Station Taproom was recommended by our neighbors who are 30-40 years our juniors. Imagine Septuagenarians visiting a singles bar during happy hour on a Friday night, and you'll get a good picture of our first visit. We vowed to return at a better time - Hold the Earlybird Special gaffs!

Return we did for a late lunch on a Thursday afternoon; it was late because the Taproom doesn't open until 3pm,

We ordered the Prince Edward Island mussels served with baguette and a tomato onion fennel sauce. It was excellent. Then I ordered the Taproom hamburger, medium rare and topped with bacon and cheddar cheese. My wife had a shrimp and grits dish. Both were superb. The hamburger was the best I have ever had anywhere, and my wife licked plate of shrimp and grits and sauce clean.

The station Taproom has an excellent selection of craft beer. I had a Mission IPA that was the perfect compliment for the hamburger, and my wife enjoyed a white sangria.

Top off the excellent food with a pleasant and attentive waitress, and the result is a perfect dining experience.

Staten Island, New York
“GREAT LITTLE SPOT XCELLENT TAPS & VG+ FOOD”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Nice experience.
The food was VG-Great. Highly recommended.
Good service and a nice atmosphere. Reminded me of a NYC type joint.
I had the Poutine and pulled pork. Both were vg, not the best I ever had but I would have it again!
My wife had the Greek salad and Lobster BLT, both were fantastic!
I could have passed on the curry mango ice cream desert..I like all o f those ingredients,but it was a bit much for me.
Beer Taps are outstanding. Some uncommon taps.
I emailed the place prior to ask about accommodations for large group. Sean sent me quick replies and gave me excellent feedback.Thanks Sean, I took your advice and came for lunch.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Wow! Who would have thought a tap room would have such a GREAT kitchen???”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Well what an amazing surprise when I stopped in the Station Taproom. A very inventive menu unlike a typical "pub" experience. The spicy chicken dip is just amazing as are the Truffle fries. The pulled pork is great (and a bargain at $5 if you hit them during Happy Hour on weekdays - $3 pints too!) and you can get it with North Carolina or Cumin BBQ). Had a to-die-for panini. All local farms and incredibly fresh - and very, very reasonable prices. ($43 for 3 beers, two appetizers and two sandwiches - can't beat that! We were there during Happy Hour - about 4:30 pm)

If you're vegetarian, there is plenty to eat on this menu without having to ask for a lot of "hold the..."

It really was a surprise at how good it was because I just never thought of a tap room as having such a unique menu! I've already recommended it to about a six people. Small place, very casual. Not a place I'd bring kids (because it's a bar - - no way to avoid that in seating). Beers are excellent. Definitely now on my "go to" list of places.

• Visited June 2014