“Didn't know about this place!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
West Chester, PA
“Didn't know about this place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Friends invited me out for a few drinks and food and suggested we meet here - I didn't know about this place. We met at 6:00 pm on a Wednesday night and the place was packed. We were able to get the last table by the front door. It was a littled drafty every time the door opened. Being my first time I ordered a bottle of my favorite beer and was immediately told that all they had was Craft Beers by the pint. I'm not really into these beers so I asked the waitress for a comparable beer to what I like. The beer was ok. Ordered a cheeseburger which was very pricey at $10.50 but very good. They were offering a $5 pulled pork sandwich for Happy Hour. If you are into Craft Beers I highly recommend.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Always good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I've only once had a bad meal here (which they immediately replaced), and the tap list is always incredible. I only wish I lived closer.

Visited November 2012
Chestnut Hill, MA
“A Great Find on a Sunday Morning...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

I met a long-time friend here on a Sunday morning, drawn to the place by the TA rating. Sunday morning was the time to be there. They let us in out of the cold at 1055AM (normal opening is 11AM Sundays), and in the next twenty minutes every table was filled as was the entire length of the bar. Natasha handled our order adroitly, and very soon we were enjoying some great omelets, and even better hash browns. We watched the parade of dishes coming out of the busy kitchen, and saw that the full variety of Sunday brunch fare was there...crepes, eggs, exotic-looking dishes with shrimp...the whole gamut. Even the coffee was terrific and was sourced from a local roaster.

It's clear that this unpretentious-looking place is no secret. The tables and bar stayed full for the 90 minutes we enjoyed the place, and there were groups of people waiting for the precious seats. Prices were a little steep, but not bad. Natasha's service was stellar throughout. She was very attentive.

Tips: If you like hot sauce on your eggs or other dishes, the Station Taproom's sauce of choice is the fiery "Siracha"...far more robust than plain old Tobasco, so be careful; Creamer of choice for the coffee was real cream...a rarity these days; and parking is right outside the door in a small lot, or across the street in the train station.

Downingtown, Pennsylvania
“Best craft beer bar/restaurant in the area.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

This is our neighborhood go to place. We've never had a bad meal and the always changing craft beer list never disappoints. Fabulous Sunday brunch as well.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Worth the hike”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

The beer selection is always changing and very good. Also contains enough variety for our whole group. Food is OUTSTANDING, not your usual pub faire. It's not fancy, but it's very good. French Fries are drizzled with truffle oil and sea salt, mac & cheese is more than just cheddar. But it's not overpriced. The place tends to be on the loud side, though. Still good for a 2-person date, though. You just need to lean in a bit. :) Directly across the street from the train station in Downingtown, in case you want to take the train out (which would be fun!).

• Visited October 2012