“Do not try to get seated here if you are female over 50.” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Brandywine Avenue
Description: Firecreek has preserved and rehabbed a former paper mill into one of Chester County's finest dining experiences. An open kitchen puts you right into the action. Come sit at our Chefs table and have a front seat with a culinary view. Al fresco dining for the warmer months treat you with panoramic views of the Brandywine River. An extensive wine list with daily specials and live music appeals to all. Come join us for dinner seven days a week, or stop in for lunch Monday through Friday. Now rated by Zagat! view our reveiw at: http://www.zagat.com/Verticals/PropertyDetails.aspx?VID=8&R=146114
West Chester Pa
“Do not try to get seated here if you are female over 50.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Firecreek refused to seat me at a table while I was waiting for a coworker to join me for dinner. I arrived about 10 minutes earlier than my dinner companion and was told by the young woman who greeted me that she would not seat me at a table.

She said I could wait at the bar or the high bar tables in the rear. I explained that my companion and I were planning on having a glass of wine and then dinner. I do not like sitting at bars. The "greeter" refused to accommodate me. I asked her if this was a restaurant policy. She said it was. I suggested that their "policy" could be interpreted as discriminatory to women who arrived alone. She went to get her manager.

The manager (female) and I discussed the situation; she suggested I was in a "bad mood." My dinner companion arrived and we left Firecreek so that we might enjoy our dinner in a more accommodating atmosphere.

The restaurant was almost empty, except for a couple seated at a table eating and a few people at the bar. Perhaps other would-be customers have received the same bad treatment that I did.

• Visited November 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Philly
“A fine example of completely mediocre.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Ate lunch with my husband and daughter at Firecreek last week. As soon as the food came I said to my husband, "why do I keep coming here? Everytime I eat here I always wish I'd gone somewhere else!"
Now let me qualify that by saying the decor and ambiance as well as location are fantastic. It has a warm cozy feel, exposed brick, fireplace, open kitchen etc..that cleary makes me forget the uninspired menu.
My bloody mary was the served in juice glass and lacked any flavor, did not even finish it.
We ordered the calamari which is over breaded and bland. My fish tacos were laughable at best. There was perhaps a teaspoon of filling in this giant doughy tortilla..and the garnish of cabbage couldn't have been more than that!
My 3 year old was with us and I ordered the grilled cheese which arrived close to 5 inches thick, would have been nice if my server had explained that perhaps this wasn't a kid friendly menu item.
My husband said the Wild Boar sliders were pretty good.
Service as usual was slow even though there was only one other table there. The bill came to almost $120 FOR LUNCH for the 3 of us. Seriously. I can't remember a time when we left so much food on the table..no interest in taking it home.
If you want to pop in for a drink at the bar by all means. If you are looking for yummy, reasonably priced food with good service..go across the street to Amani's.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Thorndale, Pennsylvania, United States
“Good food, great atmosphere, pricey menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

My wife and I liked this place a lot. It was beautiful and the good was great. The prices are a bit more than we're used to paying, but for a special occasion or just a fancy night out, we're happy to have this so close by.

Visited August 2012
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
“Center City Prices without the drive...or quality”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Priced like a Philadelphia steak house, but the quality just isn't there. Service is average...for a TGI Fridays. If I am dropping $42 for a steak, I expect a little more.
The food is not terrible on its own, but no better than OK. We've tried them a few times. Their Mother's Day brunch was disappointing. We've given up and will not be returning.

Visited May 2012
Coatesville, Pennsylvania
“Not what you would expect.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

This place is expensive and just ok. If I am spending good money on a good dinner, I expect more. They were selling a steak for $50 and couldn't tell us a thing about it-where it was from, how it was aged. I would prefer to go to Sovona Bistro in Kennett-they will at least tell me the basics if I was spending that money.

Visited November 2011