“The bottom side of average on food- service is poor” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reading PA
“The bottom side of average on food- service is poor”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Visited last night 1/18/13 6PM for my birthday. Upon arrival we noticed the parking lot was very tight and hard to park. We get inside and the hostess was very friendly and welcomed us. We were seated immediately in the room towards the back and right. Noticed immediately the noise level. It was so loud in here I could not hear family members at the table (table of 6). Waiter came to table, we asked about specials, he had to go back to the kitchen to get the specials. After giving us specials, we ordered. Prices were a bit high for Douglassville. Food took about 50-60 minutes to come out. I had the baked ziti. Baked ziti came out burned on top of the cheese, of which was lunchcounter/sandwich cheese. The ziti, while hot, was very tasteless, the sauce here is below average, and not very good. Mid way through the meal 1/2 of us ran out of drink. It took the waiter 20 minutes to bring us refill drinks. He waited on two more tables before returning drinks to our table. We could see him waiting other tables. There are too many good italian restaurants in Reading to go to this place. I would not return again, too average for the price. Basically this place is overrated.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Douglassville, Pennsylvania
“Close but no cigar”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

As many other reviewers, we live a mile down the road. We were excited to have a new real Italian restaurant. We have given it many oportunities, if they answer the phone for take out they are rude. We ask for pizza well done, never is. Sometimes the buffalo chicken pizza has tomato sauce (a no no). The Italian hoagies used to be good (the first time). My husband got a meatball sub, and I thought one of the cats had done something in the house (if you know what I mean) it smelled like that. Needless to say, We'll be traveling a little further next time. I guess the people who love it, just haven't had good food. To each his own!

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Pennsylvania
“So glad Vincenzo's opened!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We live down the street from Vincenzo's and go quite a bit. There are so many pizza/pasta places in this area and they are utterly mediocre so I didn't have high hopes when we tried Vincenzo's. We were pleasantly surprised!! The food is great and not your average Berks pizza pasta fare. Their specials are always creative and really delicious!! The best part is, the food at Vincenzo's has been consistently good since they opened. Often there's a decline in quality once a restaurant has been open for a while - not so here! It's also really nice to know we can get our favorite meals on a take-out basis. You can tell they put a lot of thought into decorating the restaurant - it's very nice and comfortable!! I have no complaints at all and am so glad we have such a good restaurant right down the street!!!

Visited November 2012
Douglassville, Pennsylvania
“It's okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

When it first opened, it was fantastic but then I think it went down hill quick. Dishes all taste the same....service runs hot and cold..usually a long wait for your order....not a happy customer

Visited October 2012
Oley
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The food was amazing, the atmosphere beautiful. We will absoultely eat at this establishment over and over if the the first time is any indication of what to expect each time we go. I have told all kinds of people about this place and those that have gone have felt the same... So if you are in the Douglassville area I would definitely plan a stop here. They also have take out.

• Visited October 2012