“Mixed feelings. ” 3 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Donegal
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Out of the Fire Cafe is a family owned and operated casual restaurant serving New American cuisine year round. We have been creating flavors amidst laughter and friends since the year 2007. The Cafe is tucked into the Laurel Highlands of Pennsylvania, conveniently located near area ski resorts, Frank Lloyd Wright's Fallingwater and Kentuck Knob, numerous state parks, and the rushing Pennsylvania Turnpike. Out of the Fire Cafe welcomes guests with an open kitchen where guests are able to peer into a mesmerizing scene of flashing flames and artistic finesse. The spacious dining area is complimented by an incredible view of the Laurel Highlands ridgeline. Deck dining is offered when the weather permits giving diners the opportunity to take in the rolling countryside. We are a Bring Your Own Beer or Wine establishment so don't forget to snag your beverage of choice. For a reservation please call the phone number listed below.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Mixed feelings. ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

My husband and I visited here on 3/15. We had made reservations and were taken directly to our table where the hostess immediately brought us water and opened our wine for us. (Byob with a 3$ alcohol fee) we noticed that this place was kind of loud, but most of the noise was celebratory, and happy. The dress here was everything from Jeans and T-shirt to typical evening wear. My husband had the grilled Caesar salad that was sooo not worth 12$ for a heart of romaine that was served. I had the full out of the fire salad for 9$ that was much larger and was DELICIOUS! !! His dinner was Filet at the tune of 36$, and I had the Scottish Pablo crusted Salmon for 26$. He really enjoyed his dinner, and my Salmon with lentil, and wheatberry was DELICIOUS! Portions were so varied and prices could have been a little lighter. Had better food/service/pricing WITH the cost of alcohol at restaurants in Pittsburgh. Might or might not be back.

Camden, Delaware
“Family favorite in PA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Cannot say enough good things about Out of the Fire Cafe. Delicious. Every time great food, great service. Don't change a thing! (except if you're going to lower prices- that's always nice! ;)

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sewickley,Pa
“Once again outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

This restaurant is always such a great surprise, it deserves another recommendation. This past weekend we stopped in and had a great seafood pasta dish. Everything was fresh and perfect. I am glad it is a BYOB.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore, Maryland
“Fantastic Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

Went to 'Out of the Fire' for our after-skiing dinner (got 15% off for our lift tickets too) - family of 4 .. this is a fantastic restaurant, one of the best meals I've had for quite a long time. I also like that its BYOB - so that cuts down on the price of a great meal (but $3 corkage fee per person). They even have a great kid's menu.

Visited February 2014
“Consistently Delicious ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

My husband and I stopped here after a day of skiing at Seven Springs for an early Valentine's Day dinner. We had been here one other time for lunch and it was great then and it was great again last night. The service was attentive and friendly. Our table had a nice view of all the beautiful snow outside. My husband and I both had the roasted mushroom soup; it was mouthwatering good. I then had the roasted beet salad while my husband had the smoked salmon salad with a side of grilled asparagus. Everything was cooked and prepared perfectly. The mushrooms included in my husband's salad had a slightly crisp top giving it an even more incredible flavor. We thought the creamy dill dressing was good, but the orange truffle vinaigrette that came with my salad was great. We love this restaurant and definitely find it worth the drive from Pittsburgh!