“REVIEW OF TWO NIGHT STAY” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Dickson City/Scranton

You added Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Dickson City/Scranton to your Saves list
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Dickson City/Scranton
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   232 Main Street, Dickson City, PA 18519   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Dickson City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
ERLANGER
“REVIEW OF TWO NIGHT STAY”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

The motel location was great for the event I was attending. The room had a musty smell that had been covered up with a spray that lingered in the room the two nights I was there.
The bathroom had an unclean smell around the toilet. I was otherwise pleased with the set-up and size of the room. I did not ask to be moved because I was near other family members in three other rooms where my grandchildren were staying so they could visit with me.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
BRODHEAD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

We loved our stay here! We booked here to go to the wedding . So glad we did! The rooms were nice, clean neat and the bed and pillows were awesome!! The staff was so helpful! Good to stay where the staff all spoke English so well.would recommend this place to everyone!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

TUNKHANNOCK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Everything was good,clean,staff was good,could use a better selection of breakfast. But overall it was a nice clean room and we would use it again

SCOTT TOWNSHIP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

service was fast and friendly..however, i had reserved a room with 2 queen beds and we were given room with one bed and a pull out couch. called the desk and was told that was what i reserved although the confirmation i recieved stated 2 beds. I was then told that the hotel was sold out and there was no other rooms available to put us in...We rolled with the flow and spend the night closer than we intended. Bathroom could have been a little cleaner and when we pulled out the couch we found some chips. Breakfast was very good and location was great. Also price i paid was higher than what confirmation letter stated.

Ellwood City, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Recently had the pleasure to stay at this Microtel property during a motorcycle tour of New England. We were referred to this hotel by another in the area due to the Italian Festival that was taking place. There was a rather large wedding party at the hotel, and after being warmly greeted we were placed in a room away from the revellers so as not to be disturbed. I really appreciated the thoughtfulness of the staff in doing this. Our room was quite comfortable and beautifully decorated. Most importantly, the bed was comfortable and the bathroom clean. I slept very well. Breakfast was more than adequate, unless you want a restaurant style breakfast - which you would of course get at a restaurant.
Please allow me this - I must chuckle at the reviews with complaints about room size and breakfast. These hotels are meant, I believe, to meet your basic needs of a good nights sleep to which they make sure you have a nourishing and filling breakfast at a great value. They also throw in stylish decor and comfortable surroundings. That's what you get ! I personally don't vacation IN my hotel room - it's a base. This is the 2nd Microtel I've stayed at and am very pleased with this particular property and Microtel in general.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

The Microtel was a brilliant place to recharge on the journey from the Niagara Falls to New York. We made good use of the laundry facilities, the complimentary breakfast and the fitness center. The bed and pillows were so comfy, we left feeling recharged and ready for the final leg of our trip.

• Stayed September 2012
West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I booked the Dickson City Microtel after seeing the glowing reviews on TripAdvisor and I was not disappointed. I stayed two separate nights at the hotel and have gotten to experience a smaller room as well as a suite. What impressed me the most were the furnishings in the room. Everything was very clean, comfortable, and modern. Quite frankly, I didn't expect a Microtel to have such a polished look. The hotel wireless was fast and the bathrooms were clean. The drains were a little slow, and in the first room the water pressure was a little weak. These didn't turn me off to the hotel, but I could see them being longer-term problems.

Probably the hotel's biggest challenge is noise. It is right off of I-81 and this did affect my sleep one of the nights. However, I understand that there is little that the hotel can do to change traffic patterns.

Overall, I wish I could award .5 ratings. If so, my rating would be a 4.5/5. The Dickson City Microtel is convenient, a good deal, and above all, clean and modern! I look forward to staying again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the entrance side of the hotel are much quieter.