“decent hotel for the price” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Denver

You added Red Roof Inn Denver to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Denver
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2017 N Reading Rd, Denver, PA 17517 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Denver
Milford, Delaware
“decent hotel for the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

This is an older hotel & it's showing its age. Having said that, it was clean & the staff was very helpful. We arrived in town around 2:00 & check in is not until 3:00. We were traveling with a small dog & wanted to check in as soon as we were able, so we stopped in to let them know our wishes. The room was not ready, but we were allowed to check in at that time & they immediately prepared the room. When we were walking to our room, we passed the lady who prepared our room & thanked her. She showed genuine concern & said to please let her know if there was anything she had overlooked. In addition, I mentioned to the lady at the desk that we were considering going to a local restaurant & asked her opinion. She suggested Stoudt's Black Angus Restaurant & Brew Pub, which we really enjoyed. We stayed on a Sunday night & it was a very affordable rate. I looked into staying on the preceding night (Saturday), as well & the rate was over double the rate we paid. I would definitely stay again for the rate we paid, but would not stay for the rate wanted for Saturday. That rate was way too much for the room/hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Harleysville, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

This hotel is great if you're looking for a decent cheap place for a night or two. The staff was excellent and very helpful. The room was clean with a coffee maker and fridge. I felt safe despite the exterior corridors and there were few restaurant choices nearby.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Cindy B, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn Denver, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule review our Red Roof Inn. We are pleased to know that we have achieved our goal by satisfying your needs in both comfort and price. We are looking forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Brooklyn NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I have stayed at many places in the Adamstown vicinity and this one was definitely one of the nicest so for within the same price range of its competitors. It was clean, safe and affordable. I would highly recommend staying here if your budget is on the lower end.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

I have to admit that this hotel seems a little old and run down, but it also seems to have a dedicated staff who keep the place rather clean and functioning. Cindy, the lady at the front desk is very personable and pleasant. I've stayed there about 4 times in the last month and she is always this way.

In addition, the rooms are always spotless and well cared for. I just didnt like the dark hallways or the smell of smoke on the second floor (although it is supposedly smoke-free).

I complemented Cindy last time I was there and I promised her a solid review. I hope this counts as such!

• Stayed September 2012
Cindy B, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn Denver, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Thank your for taking the time to give us such a wonderful review! I enjoy you being here as much as you enjoyed your stay and Im hoping to see you more in the future. It is always a pleasure having such nice guests like yourself.

Brooklyn, NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I have stayed at many Red Roof Inn's as I find that they are usually the perfect blend of price and comfort, not the cheapest or fanciest but just the right price for a good, clean room. so I was happy to see that there was a Red Roof Inn when I needed to be in this part of PA.
I was very surprised by the price (around $100) as this was the most that I had ever paid for a Red Roof, but was hoping that perhaps it would be really nice maybe even brand new.
Boy was I disappointed when I got there, the outside looks very drab and "tired" and once I got inside things didn't get any better, the room wasn't very clean, some of the light bulbs were burnt out, and overall it was in desperate need of a renovation. at $50 a night I wouldn't like this place, at $100 it was just a pure rip off, I would not recommend staying here.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
I am truly sorry that your visit to our Hotel did not meet your expectations. Since it is our goal to provide a clean and comfortable stay for all of our guests, your comments are appreciated and will be shared with the rest of our team.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

I spent one night, my first room had stained sheets and a dingy atmosphere. My second room had clean sheets, the only thing missing was a knife weilding maniac when I was in the shower.I The staff was actually nice, but I could not recomend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
rri753, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn Denver, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
I am truly sorry to hear about the experience you had at The Red Roof Inn. We pride ourselves in keeping a clean, comfortable hotel so I appreciate your comment. I will insruct our laundry and housekeeping department to be more alert to avoid a similar situation in the future. I hope that you will consider a return visit in the future.

Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

We stayed here for two nights while we visited Valley Forge and Amish country. The price was great, but it wasn't really a bargain. Linens were thin but adequate. Hallway smelled a bit like smoke. Parking lot and entryway were dirty (trash and lots of dry leaves--in August) when we arrived and were still dirty when we left. An absolutely HORRID Econolodge connects to it and made me feel unsafe. Desk clerk checked us in, gave keys and directions, etc. all while talking on her own cellphone about personal business--very unprofessional. If you need a cheap night's sleep, you will get it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Cindy B, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn Denver, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide feedback concerning your stay with us. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations and I am actively working with our front desk to ensure superior service as our first priority. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a more pleasurable stay in the future.

Office Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Denver
Comfort Inn of Lancaster County North
Harvest Drive Family Inn
Harvest Drive Family Inn
#3 of 3 in Intercourse
4.0 of 5 stars 117 reviews

Been to Red Roof Inn Denver? Share your experiences!