“Not so great, but very nice people.” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #15 of 19 Restaurants in Delmont
Cuisines: Italian, American
Ithaca, New York
“Not so great, but very nice people.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

The people working here are very nice, and work hard. So I hate to leave bad feedback about the food. I think I ordered wrong, and that their other menu items are probably better...but it IS called a STEAKHOUSE, and I ordered a steak, so.....
Their wine list is shabby, no information about the wine listed, just the grape. So I didn't have any, I just hate paying for wine that I'm not sure what I'm getting. (Franzia?) Their menu is huge, probably too big (so, lot's of frozen things) I ordered a steak that came with soup and a vegetable (other choices available). The soup was actually good, tasted like french onion, though it was sold as a mushroom soup. I ordered my steak rare, as I was guessing they might have a tendency to overcook. The meat was very very thin, and looked as though it had only touched the grill for a moment, more like a black and blue. There were parts of the meat that were not cooked. I would have sent it back, but the meat was so thin, I wasn't sure they wouldn't then overcook it, and really I didn't want to be fussy. The vegetables were zucchini, carrots, broccoli, and cauliflower, and they were mushy save for the carrots. Kind of gross. I went back to my hotel and ate an apple. I would skip this joint next time.

Visited January 2013

Pennsylvania
“Average at best.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

If you have a large appetite...go some place else. Portions are small. Very small. Prices for what you get are a bit high, especially for the area. Staff was friendly but forgetful. I wouldn't knock myself out to go back.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Delmont, Pennsylvania
“Down Home Food and People”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

We have been going here for more than 25 years. It has changed off and on. You won't find gourmet food but you will find good food, drinks, attentive and friendly staff. Not everything on the menu works, but it is a spaghetti and steak restaurant, so duh, that's what to get. Excellent meat sauce on any pasta, fantastic hamburger, great flat iron steak. If it isn't done your way, they have no problem taking it back. Good chicken parmigiana sandwich, Italian hoagie, pizza and fried chicken dinner. Great peanut butter pie. This is how your neighborhood Italian restaurant was when you were growing up. It isn't fancy, but it's warm and cozy and the regulars know they have found a gold mine. Specials every weekday and $1 glass of Chardonnay or Merlot on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Good for families, birthdays, happy times or sad times. Stick to the Italian pasta and steak dishes, chicken parmigiana or fried chicken, sandwiches and you'll be back.

central PA
“Don't bother complaining about the food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

Our entrees were actually pretty tasty - my mother's sirloin was excellent although not cooked to her specification! Waitress was pleasant but not extremely attentive - she may have had too many tables assigned to her. But we were left with a bad taste in our mouth - literally - because of their attitude about a dish we did not like. We ordered clam stuffed mushrooms as an appetizer and they had a very funny after taste. We told the waitress who took them away and apologized, but did not remove the charge from our bill. When we paid at the register, we told the gentleman there. His comment was that another party ordered them and hasn't complained, so there musn't be anything wrong with them... He offered a coupon for a future visit - which he was going to give to us anyway. We just paid and left. We won't be going back.

Visited February 2012
“Average, average, average!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

Service was pretty slow especially near closing time. Otherwise, nothing to write home about.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere