“Pleasantly surprised” 4 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Super 8 Delmont to your Saves list
Super 8 Delmont
Super 8 Delmont
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   180 Sheffield Drive, Intersection Rt 66 & 22, Delmont, PA 15262-1723   |
Ranked #2 of 2 hotels in Delmont
rural Ohio
“Pleasantly surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

After reading some of the reviews I was having second thoughts about staying here. However, when I arrived and got to my room I was pleasantly surprised. It was super clean!
Yes, there was a bed, chair and desk and cable tv. The tv had more stations on it than any place I've stayed recently. Also was a refrigerator. It seems like an older property, but the rooms were well taken care of. Mine had what appeared to be a new LG heat/ac unit that worked great. Was there for three nights and room was sparking clean every day.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo

66 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Pequea, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

Yes, there's a bed and shower 2 chairs and 2 mirrors. cable tv - yep. that's it.
Now, if, you are paying by the hour, it's probably ok.

The heater/air conditioner was as big as a coffin and sounded like we were on a tarmac.
It turns on - you wake up. simple math.

A 'football' team showed up at 4AM and it sounded like a jail break for an hour.

The people upstairs sounded like they haven't been together since HE was in jail.

Towels?? I thought it was a wash cloth.

Breakfast - coffee machine didn't work, you can count the cheerio's in the machine and the white bread for toast was about all I could stomach.

Spend $20 more bucks and you will not know the suffering we had to endure.

Room Tip: Get a tent and a bucket of water
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Fort Worth, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

the beds where nice, the room was clean, the staff was really nice, there was just a basic breakfast,.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Leechburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

My husband and I stayed here one night having some of our sons friends (teens) at our home, decided to sleep here to get away from the kids one night. Hotel was average, clean, friendly staff, a Kings restaurant next door, close to 66 turnpike, it was an average bed but it was comfortable. I would let my friends and family sleep here.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2011 via mobile

Great Value!! Food was pretty good and decent cleansiness. TV stations were great. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed November 2010
Jamestown
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2010

I recently traveled to Pennsylvania for a competition in Murrysville. I failed to book a reservation at a local competitior that was twice the cost of the Super 8. We made our reservation and the checkin was great with a very courteous attendant.

I headed to my room and found a clean room with a basic desk and a worn recliner style chair. The air conditioner was new so keeping the room cool was no problem. The bathroom was clean and the towels smelled fresh and no hint of cigarette smoke. The bed slept ok and I slept great all four nights.

I was hesitant at first about even staying at this motel but for the cost and the location it worked out just fine. The wireless internet worked great and that was a plus during my stay. One issue that needs to be addressed is that the motel hallway smells like smoke. I had a non-smoking room and unless I am sadly mistaken the room I was in did not smell like smoke.

I did not eat the limited breakfast type foods that were available in the rather small eating area. This motel might not be for everybody but it worked out ok for me for the money..

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2009

I was in town for a dog obedience trial. The hotel was fine - room was very clean, staff was extremely friendly. There is ample parking, and I felt safe when outside "pottying" my dog during the night. (grass is very clean) . I was impressed with cleanliness, compared to other hotels in similar price range. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo

Been to Super 8 Delmont? Share your experiences!