“wonderful pleasant staff” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
New York City, New York
“wonderful pleasant staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

After numerous phone calls to the restaurant and being very well greeted by the hostess and her politeness and patience with our phoning every feww minutes, because my husband i were lost and could not find the restaurant which we were all of 2minutes away from. We walked in to a packed dining room and was informed on the phone there would be a wait as well as at the door. The hostess went above and beyond to make sure we as well as the others would be seated in order and timely. This was a wonderful dining experience for us and thank you to the hostess and staff. Our first time and will def come back when visiting. our date night was wednedsay december 6 2012

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

62% Recommend
East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
“Really good food and really Great atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

As soon as you go in the atmosphere hits you like a nice warm blanket. They have a good variety of plates and the food is very very tasty.

Visited February 2012
Great Meadows, New Jersey
“Don't seem to care”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I would first like to say that I very seldom write a review about a restaurant. Unfortunately it's usually bad when I do. After all, as a paying customer I expect the food and service to be good. That's what I pay for. My visit to the Sycamore Grille was on 12/2/12. My family and I were celebrating our parents 60 wedding anniversery. Since they live in nearby Stroudsburg, I rececomended this restaurant. I had been there in the past and had good service and food. I'm not sure what happened in the last year or so, but this is not the same restaurant I remember. Although our server Sean tried to do his best, he seemed overwhelmed. We had a group of 12, which I don't think is unusually large for this type restaurant. The drinks came fairly quickly, but nothing did after that. We had to find someone to bring bread to our table, and the dinner came out slow and cold. One person in our group did not get served until 20 minutes after the first dish was brought out. Other then the salad, I don't think anyone in the group really enjoyed their dinner. At the prices they charge here it is just unacceptable. Again, I don't think the large group had anything to do with the poor service and food. This just a sub par restaurant with over priced food. Go elsewhere.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Saylorsburg, Pennsylvania
“Delicious as usual!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Love the Sycamore salad- absolutely delicious! Tried a new entree- finally- and it was delicious. Seafood & Chorizo Basque- shrimp, scallops, lobster, chorizo, and clams in a fennel roasted pepper cream sauce- so good. I usually get the Pan-Seared scallops that are also consistently excellent. I was a little disappointed in the martinis, though (that's right- I had TWO!) The pumpkin pie martini had no pumpkin flavor and the apple pie martini didn't come with its promised caramel rim. Next time I'll stick to beer!

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hockessin, Delaware
“inconsistent food quality and service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Service was friendly, but our server seemed inexperienced. They have a delicious sweet sycamore salad with a signature maple poppy seed dressing that is amazing. The dressing is for sale by the bottle, in the future I would just get a bottle of the dressing to go and recreate the salad at home because that was far and above any other part of the meal. My husband had a strip steak that was not cut properly (thin on ends, thick in middle) and therefore did not cook properly; his twice bake potato was half of a baked potato that was undercooked had some seasoned mashed potatoes piped on top - he said the top was good. So he ate about half of his steak and the top of his potato. I had scallops with spinach and creamy risotto; the scallops were nice, the risotto was undercooked and was not creamy at all, the spinach was okay, it was a little overpowering because there was so much. Dessert was so-so, very obviously not made on premises, very small selection. Coffee came well after dessert and was weak and barely warm.

• Visited October 2012