“BEST restaurant in the Poconos - hands down!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Pennsylvania
“BEST restaurant in the Poconos - hands down!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2011

Antalao has is all - unique atmosphere, amazing food, and wonderful service. Everything is homemade and delicious. The owners truly care about their customers and their experience at the restaurant, and the quality of the food they serve. I love everything about this restaurant and I highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a unique, fine dining experience.

• Visited March 2011

Stony Brook, New York
“A Culinary Delight, and a Great Value!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2010

The Antelao Restaurant was highly recommended by the owners of our B&B in Tannersville. We were not disappointed. The restaurant is situated in a Victorian style home. Simply and tastefully decorated. And the food is very reflective of the decor. Our meals were not complicated - but done with style and class. Our seasonal Spring menu had several interesting offerings. I started with a cold Pear and Mint Soup - figured I'd give it a try, and it was delicious! The texture, and the mixing of two distinctive tastes was a pleasure to eat. My entree was a interesting take on the classic Surf and Turf. It consisted of a small cut of Filet Mignon, and several large shrimp, surrounded by fresh garden vegetables - like zucchini, carrots, broccoli. All were covered in a light, zesty sauce, somewhat similar to that found in Rigatoni Ala Vodka. Excellent. The Chef is a graduate of the Culinary Institute of America. His wife is a waitress. And did I mention the price - just over $ 50 for two! (it's BYOB on the alcohol.) An excellent value!

NYC
“A Homespun Treat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2010

My husband and I stayed in the Delaware Water Gap area for one night, and with some quick Blackberry research, discovered Antelao's - a 12 table restaurant that is the labor of love of a husband-and-wife chef and hostess. Slightly less than formal, but not informal (tablecloths, soft lighting, and generally mature diners) with colorful art on the walls, on the ground floor of a spruced-up Victorian house. The menu is on the smaller size, but with specials there are plenty of options. Focus is on local, seasonal, creative preparation - but not contrived. Elvi, our hostess/waitress/owner, is so genuine and warm, and we had such a nice time chatting with her about herbs, the menu, and the local area. I had the shortribs braised with wine and tamarind and husband had the largest filet mignon I think I've ever seen, and perfectly cooked rare. Both delicious, as were the house made sorbets (especially the mint). Would I have done some things differently? Could the vegetable sides have been more specific to the dishes? Would it have been 4 stars in NYC? Who cares? It was a wondreful meal and a wonderful evening all together

• 4 of 5 stars
Somerville, New Jersey
“Incredibly Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2010

Antelao's Slow Foods concept is to be lauded but our May, 2010 experience left us feeling flat. The scallop appetizer was good but the spring onion crepe was salty and unbalanced. The duck special was anything but although the filet mignon was very well prepared. The malted milk ball creme brulee showed promise but was burnt to a crisp. BYOB is a great idea but if you are going to charge corkage offer proper glassware.

• 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank dmblakeley
Poconos
“Top of the line restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2010

We have enjoyed many wonderful dinners at Antelao's. The chef/owners are top notch and will make your dining experience a memorable one. Every meal we have had has been exceptional. We love that it is a BYOB, saves $$ and we know our bottle will pair well with our meal. Don't wait for a special occasion to check out Antelao's. I just made a reservation for tonite!