“great!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 39 Restaurants in Danville
Nanticoke, Pennsylvania
“great!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

we had the country mess for breakfast and lunch! nice size helping and the apple fritters were out of this world!!! OMG!!!!! it is the Bomb!!! Soooooooooooooo good!!!!!!!!

Visited September 2013

YONKERS
“Convenient and tasty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We ate here for lunch. There was a good variety . It was reasonably priced with fast, friendly service . It's a nice local stop.

Visited August 2013
Connecticut
“OK for lunch, easy access from I-80”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

It was a little before noon on a Wednesday. We had driven a few miles on I-80 after skipping what passes for breakfast at the Best Western where we stayed the night before, and the munchies were beginning to set in. I spotted a sign for Mom's Dutch Kitchen as we approached the Danville exit. Mom's place was located on the opposite side of a divided highway, so we first explored a bit further into downtown Danville. After finding only Mcdonalds, Wendy's and a couple of mom and pop grinder shops there, we circled back to Mom's.

Mom isn't much for decor. The furnishings make the place look like your grandparents' dining room back in the 1960s. But it seemed clean and comfortable enough.

We were greeted by an older server who was totaling her tips from the breakfast rush as we walked in the door. She made sure her accounting tasks were complete before escorting us to a table. My wife asked about the soup of the day -- our server said she would have to check with the cook and headed to the kitchen. She returned a few minutes later and informed us, "It's potato bacon. I tried it. I wouldn't recommend it." I appreciated the honesty.

I ordered Mom's version of the open hot turkey sandwich, which in this restaurant is a closed hot turkey sandwich. That means they put an extra slice of white bread on top before smothering it in gravy. Not bad and reasonably priced, but I wish they had put a little more meat between the slices. I don't think my mom ever served battered fries with the hot turkey sandwiches she made for me when I was younger, but this one did.

If you're hungry, this place will keep you full for a few hours at a reasonable price. We spent $22 including tip for lunch for two. Just remember... it isn't your mom in the kitchen.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Johnson City, Tennessee
“Split personality - breakfast outstanding, evening meal forgettable”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

The morning crew was friendly, welcoming and provided good food and service. While in Danville, we had three great breakfasts. However, the evening meals were salty, over breaded, or under-cooked. A New York strip to be medium rare and slightly pink came with an icing of a multitude of herbs but had not seen the inside of an oven for more than seconds - it was cold (after waiting for 40 minutes) and red, not pink inside. Also, in spite of asking the waitress and the apparent owner for a a glass of water, no came during the wait for the entrée. At that point, we had our fill of no service and cold steak with no water and as we were taking our leave, the dingy waitress asked if we wanted the steak to go. We should have told her where to put the steak - in the garbage, of course. The owners are from India and seemed to have poor comprehension of US English, but that does not explain the raw steak or the unwillingness to bring water or coffee when repeatedly requested.
We will not be back.

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Sunbury
“Horrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

If you r in this area go some where else! Took forever to get food. When it did come it was cold. Gave me pancakes w no butter or syrup and had to keep asking. Out of 4 orders everyone was wrong. Hostess had no clue how to usecase register. Would never go back!!!!!!!!

• Visited July 2013