“Cozy and accommodating” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Danville
Baltimore, MD
“Cozy and accommodating”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2009

I stayed at the Pine Barn Inn one weekend in order to attend a friend's wedding. The rooms were clean and cozy. The staff was exceedingly helpful. They even called me when they found the make-up bag I accidentally left in the room and mailed it to me the next day. Danville is not the most hopping place, but the Pine Barn Inn is definitely a gem!

Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Philadelphia Area, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2009

The staff was not welcoming but I am giving this hotel a rating of 4 because the Suite that we stayed in was really nice, clean and spacious. We stayed in the new building 300 on the second floor facing the street. We had a King Suite. King size bed in one room and a living room with a sofa bed. Bathroom accessible by both the living room and bedroom. The room was very spacious and clean. Coffee available in room and down hallway. Fridge in room.

The girl who checked us in wasn't rude but she definitely lacked warmth. The waitress at breakfast certainly wasn't any better. We felt like we were bothering her and she certainly didn't have any warmth. Actually we didn't run in to anyone that made us very very welcome. And now the more that I write this, the more I am sure we are not returning here.

We visited the Holiday Inn in Bloomsburg in the past when we were checking out hotels and the people there were very nice.....and I read a review that the front desk had a bubbly person....certainly not the case at the Pine Barn Inn. We will stay at the Holiday Inn, Bloomsburg next year.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Central Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2009

Used to be owned by Arnold Palmer's in-laws, and was a charming place. Now has been bought out by Geisinger Medical Center next door. Per everyone's recommendations we booked into building #3. Don't get a room on the second floor that faces right into the parking light--headlights are at window level. Nice surprise to find microfrig and mini-microwave. Room a little small and a little dark, but my companion's room was much brighter. Bathroom is small but nicely appointed for the elderly. Service at main desk was poor. They didn't seem to know their property. Dining room has really gone downhill since change of owner. Wine list weak, much of food brought in by Sysco frozen. We went here from old memories, won't do that again.

Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2009

I stayed on the new building (300). The room was clean, quiet and spacious. It had a microwave and a small fridge. It supposed to have wifi, however I did not had my laptop with me so cannot evaluate. The staff was very attentive. Very convenient if you are visiting Geisinger. The food at the restaurant was good and the prices reasonable, however take in consideration that I am form NY and over here is quite expensive.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Peachtree City, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2008

I have stayed at the Pine Barn several times in the past 3 years
and have always had a good experience. I have stayed in the 300
building in the past but this time I had a room in the older building which was not a great experience.
The room smelled and needed a good cleaning. The bed needed
to be replaced but the major problem was the fact that there was
a garbage can left in the hallway that had not been cleaned and
smelled as if it had been there weeks. I
The next time I will request a room in the newer building and if that
is not available I will find another hotel.

• Liked — location in Danville area - restaurant next door
  • Disliked — older building smelled - not very clean.
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Long Island, N.Y.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2008

This Pine Barn Inn is located in Danville, PA.

We stayed for one night while passing through going to Knoebels Amusement Park from Lancaster. We checked in around 5pm without any issues.

We stayed in one of the newly remodeled spacious two queen bed rooms. Overall, nice décor, very clean and quiet. No issues with the room………..except internet access….

Overall a very nice place to stay. HOWEVER, I did have a minor issue with the internet connection. Since the room was one of the newly remodeled rooms, the modem located in the room for wired hook up was not yet configured for use. The wireless connection was also not allowing any connections. After following the in room instructions, I called the third party tech support, (probably located nowhere near Danville PA). After explaining to “Ted” the tech boy that I too am a network engineer by trade and attempted to explain to him the modem status, he insisted on blaming my laptop that was running Windows Vista. I mentioned to him I could make a wireless connection to the local hospital (Geisinger Medical Center) next door as well as had a wireless connection at my previous hotel earlier in the week. Yet, he still insisted on placing blame on my system.

After “Ted”, I very politely took my conversation up to the front desk and explain to them the room offered no internet access either via wireless or wired. After explaining to them how long I was on the phone with their “tech support”, the young lady was nice enough to scratch down my information and stated they would look into it. Well I guess since I was only staying the one night, it most likely must have been corrected, (after I checked out the next day).

I’m still going to recommend the Inn. It is a very clean Inn and for the price of the room, a much better value than other local establishments.

Note to Inn: You are a local establishment, you no doubt can acquire local support for your business internet access. Outsourcing a third party company to manage services under your name will have a direct bottom line effect on your reputation if they cannot provide adequate support services. Trust me, I don’t think “Ted” the tech boy really cared if he fixed the internet access or not. You should of.

• Liked — Room Size, Clean, Price
  • Disliked — Internet Access, "TED"..
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Clifton, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2008

After reading about bed bugs at the nearby Red Roof, a hotel I've frequented for almost a decade for my visits to Knoebels, I decided to give the Pine Barn a try based on recommendations from friends. Aside from the economy hotels in the area, Pine Barn had a great rate for the area.

We had a king room in the new building which I requested based on reviews here. The front desk staff is very friendly and accomodating. The hotel corridors and lobby are very nicely decorated keeping with the feel of the area. The room was very spacious and considerably clean. We had a little problem with some soap residue on a towel but a maid service supervisor quickly remedied that for us. The shower was nice but didn't have the recently common curved rods. Didn't really matter as the shower was spacious enough. My biggest complaint was the AC unit which was extremely noisy and didn't seem to be working all that well. Still, I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Danville area. A very nice surprise for sure!

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Pine Barn Inn? Share your experiences!